Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

difficult time!

Posted by JudyF 
difficult time!
March 24, 2010 08:50PM
Things have been sooo bad recently. My husband is really out of control. I am totally amazed at the meds he is on and is still able to act the way he does. I did finally get an appointment with a Psychiatrist for him and they have been very helpful. I've decided though, that I will give it more time to see if they can get him under control, and if it doesn't happen he will have to leave.

He thinks everything is always all about him. Our 2 older kids are going through hell and I don't think he even cares. One of my son's class mates, a senior, killed himself on Monday. I have been distraught myself over this, he was a wonderful young man. I feel bad that on graduation day my son and his friends will most likely be thinking about their friend instead of fully enjoying the experience. (sorry, I know that this has absolutely nothing to do with Hd) This young man deserves to be honored and I'm sure that they will do just that. It will be a bitter sweet day!

our daughter is in the high school musical. She has worked sooo hard and my husband just cannot understand why I would go to see it more than once! Most of the parents will probably go to all of the shows. Is it normal for someone with HD to be so self centered?
Re: difficult time!
March 24, 2010 09:01PM
Sorry JudyF... that sucks. It sounds like my mother and father's relationship. It must be so hard for you. I fear being the patient, and have issues trying to push people away so I DON'T act like that...the way my dad did. So, from the other side, as someone who sees it coming... I know I (even subconsciously) try to spare people from the drama that will be my life.

sad smiley I have seen it from the kids point though.

I hope it gets better. sad smiley
March 25, 2010 08:00AM
(((HUGS))) Sounds "normal" to me, for them to be selfish and not understand why others have different opinions. But it sounds like you're going through a particularly bad time.

I hope the psychiatrist's treatments continue to improve things - but more quickly. Hang in there.
jl
March 25, 2010 08:21AM
Keep us posted....

jl
May 24, 2010 10:14PM
oh judy my life sounds like yours . my husband hd cant understand why i go to any of my 2 daughters softball games or anything that they are a part of and forget my family functions i pick and choose what to attend. now after 20 years of marriage my husband want to divorce me sell the house and take every penny i have in the divorce which is nothing .every month he threatens divorce this is the first time he called lawyer and realtor hes moving to florida were from pa i cant fight this anymore my daughters are loosing it too they know he has a neurological problem and that all. i dont know hat to do he was diagnosed over 4 years ago but symptoms much longer i just ignored them hes still able to walk not great do i call his doctor ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry
May 25, 2010 10:29AM
I don't know what to say except I really and truly do empathize. Keep the faith,one day at a time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login