Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Admin Notice: Unwanted Private Messages

Posted by SteveI 
Re: Admin Notice: Unwanted Private Messages
February 04, 2010 10:28PM
No I am not asking Maria to compromise... I know of only one beef with Maria and that is yours. And that right there is what I mean. Four posts in a row adds to Marsha's stress. It certainly adds to mine. Only you can contain yourself if you would only do so. There is only one other way to accomplish it. You choose... what is most valuable to you... posting today or posting everyday.

Since it's not working anymore, posting to you to distract you away from others has been a tiring job. I didn't mind doing it when it worked... you were like a sniper and lasered in on one person... now it's like a grenade and people in every direction catch it. I am sick of looking like a bad guy over you. You are making a lot of people feel bad jl and you are not posting all of it... you are PMing it and e-mailing it too. I get the same amount of jl conversations Marsha does. It's not all those peoples fault.. they are not wrong. They are people you are not even thinking about. Not the ones who are your "sworn enemies" who you constantly challenge and who can't post with a certainly getting a negative post from you. It's a LOT of people. Stop it.
February 04, 2010 10:30PM
Dang! my posts keep looking like I am obsessed without jl's there... smiling smiley
February 04, 2010 11:03PM
Thank you, Eric!
February 05, 2010 02:36AM
ERIC,

i care about you but... your obsessing over JL.

leave it to the moderators to be blog cop, it belongs to them.

let it go, if someone gets kicked because of their own
behavior, so be it, but i dont want to feel like there are
people here that go tattle incessantly, and control the blog...

stevei if you dont like what i just said... PM me... MUAHAHAHA
but dont make it public..... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2010 04:04AM by skmf12.
February 05, 2010 02:45AM

by skmf12

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2010 04:12AM by skmf12.
jl
February 05, 2010 07:02AM
Well see, Eric - that's makes it virtually impossible to comply in the way that your saying I should.

The site has listed posting rules. I have made every effort to comply with them.

I have been blamed for things that are NOT on that list! I think that if there is one basic rule on any site - it should be NO UNWRITTEN RULES! Unless you have clearly listed rules on the website - you should not be punishing faithful members for not adhering to rules that AREN'T THERE!

For instance - I've been criticized for posting TOO MUCH!

I don't see anything on the HDAC protocols addressing this - so I'm understandably confused!

How do you define "too much"?

Number of POSTS - number of WORDS?

As I have previously pointed out - I may post the same idea more than once because, unless one is brain-dead - one often THINKS of the same idea more than once. Unless one is excessively RIGID - one can change ones mind on a particular issue! Thirdly - one may be responding to more than one poster on the thread.

As I have previously pointed out - my posts tend to have a lot of "white space" (to use the vernacular). I do that, because I find it easier to follow than great-big "lumpish" paragraphs that go on forever without a break!

I'm RETIRED! I've grown fond of people on this site. I truly EMPATHASIZE with people who are dealing with ALL ASPECTS of this disease!

Why? Because I HAVE it! I grew up in an HD family! I've kinda had to deal with HD from every aspect!

And despite my HD - I still type pretty fast! So what might seem like "too much" posting by others - may seem like nothing to me!

How to judge!!!

Judging people carries a certain amount of responsibility!

jl
February 05, 2010 07:23AM
Here is what Steve has put under the guidelines which are periodically updated with an announcement at the time. This language has been here for quite a while:

* Private messages should be treated with the same consideration that you would public messages. If you wouldn't post it to the public board then you probably should not post it as a private message. However, "private" implies that the sender expects it to remain private - so reposting private messages to the public board without the permission of the original poster is not acceptable.

* If you're receiving abusive private messages please let me know. I will address the issue immediately. Abusive PMs will result in the abuser being unable to post further until we reach an agreement on what constitutes acceptable posts.

* We encourage you to share your thoughts on a topic, but don't try to beat us into submission. Our message board is NOT your personal soapbox, it is for an exchange of ideas and thoughts. If you feel you need to clarify your thoughts then that's encouraged too. You may share a different thought about the topic on the same thread. However, if you repeat the same thought multiple times then I'm going to assume you have a problem with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and will disable your profile so that you will be unable to post until we reach an agreement on what's acceptable.

* In the same vein, machine gun posts are a red flag for us. Please don't spread your response over multiple posts - one right after the other. Post, and then allow others to share their thoughts before adding your additional thoughts. Although a few of us are monitoring the board 24 hours a day (it seems), others are able to respond only once every day or two. Please allow a thread to develop and grow using the synergy of others. One person dominating a thread discourages participation.
February 05, 2010 07:43AM
Jl all I can say is judging does carry responsibility but misjudging carries consequences. So judge for yourself and risk what you want from your misjudgments. You have been told over and over the rules in person and personally... if you can't figure them out yet you must not care about them. Everyone else understands them well enough and seem to stay in bounds or crosses them knowing they have. I have had posts deleted and understood why. Just because I didn't like it didn't make me right. Feeling personally justified isn't just cause to do what you want when you want. If you want to type anything you feel justified to type... start a blog.

Here is a challenge for you... don't respond to me. You are driving me nuts.. and making me uncomfortable. That is a simple request anyone can follow.
February 05, 2010 08:17AM
I thought i was losing my mind for a minute, and i have to chuckle... i had no clue what Eric was talking about in the beginning, and now i see...smiling smiley I knew that there had to be something there!smiling smiley

Okay, i think PM's should stay, as they have been helpful to me. I also have not had any problems with others, so that is even better. I am very thankful to Marsha and Steve for all of their hard work, and think that if i didn't have this place to go, i would feel very lost.

the rules are simple and harmless, and we should abide by them for the better of us all. if you can't control yourself, then certainly you should try harder, or have someone sit with you as you post to prevent you from going overboard. Type them in a word document first, read it, count to 20...read it again. smiling smiley

love to you all,

Suzanne
February 05, 2010 08:19AM
not to send multiple posts, but i meant to say that i often write it out in word, especially if i know it is sensative material, and some never get posted here after i think it through!smiling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.