Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Music For Huntington's - getting closer!

Posted by Jetliner 
Music For Huntington's - getting closer!
January 12, 2010 04:39AM
Hey y'all! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. A lot going on this year; a waaaay lot! (Well, I should say, over the past several months anyway.)

Anyway, just a quick update on Music For Huntington's. The website is online here: [www.musicforhuntingtons.com]. And, the CD is getting closer to completion. Most of the songs are done, save for a few parts here and there that need to be polished up. Then I have to do the mixing and mastering. I've got about 50 CD's already lightscribed and ready to go in the cases.

And just as a taste, here's what is probably the most complete song so far: track #2 - Starting Over. [www.youtube.com]

I'm still not setting a deadline cause, I want to finish it up right and right now, I have a lot of serious, pressing matters to deal with in my personal life. But, it's nearing the one year mark of the inception of this idea so, figured I'd give an update.

Hope you're all doing well here. Take care!

John
Re: Music For Huntington's - getting closer!
January 12, 2010 07:34AM
Good for you. Great website. Keep up the good work!
January 18, 2010 12:13PM
John,

Are you doing this all yourself? That's so great. Can't wait to hear the final project.

cheers,
Trey Gray
January 18, 2010 03:19PM
Thanks y'all.

And yeah, all myself. tongue sticking out smiley Just me, my homemade guitar and Sonar 6 Producer Edition. Just need my old pal, "Motivation" to come along and get me to finish it! Hehehe!!! Project is slowing down a bit cause I've been spending a lot of time mixing, EQing, etc. the stuff that's already done. Still have two songs that are barely even started.

But, it's getting there! smiling smiley
January 18, 2010 03:37PM
Jetliner,
Your web site is great> I wish you all the best with your cd. Good job

Good luck
May 19, 2010 04:47AM

My apologies for that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2010 12:05AM by Jetliner.
May 19, 2010 06:22AM
Jetliner, NOPE, not allowed to be discouraged.. ok.. a day maybe.. alright.. TWO you're allowed... that's IT.. music's FABULOUS. listening to it now. keep it going . If you're having issues, we MIGHT be able to help you out yaknow. Take care, we care, Pat
June 03, 2010 10:44PM
I think the music is great too!
August 15, 2010 02:20PM
Hey, I apologize for that before. It was way out of line. Thing is, this has been a very difficult year for me personally - still is, in a way. But that's no reason to act the way I did.

Anyway, I've decided to shift my thinking in this area. As some may have noticed, the website is gone. Yeah, that's just me in one of my moods letting things get the best of me. But it doesn't mean that my heart has grown cold to this. So, I'm going to continue but in a different way.

I'm starting to see that putting together a decent CD is a lot more work than I had originally anticipated. It's not just writing and recording but, mixing and mastering and finishing the CD can take as much time or more. So what I would like to do then is to complete the work and sell it giving a % to HD research. I'm not trying to be selfish; but the time involved is huge, much more than I thought.

Anyway, this way it should work out even better. Because originally, it was to be a single CD dedicated solely to HD research however now, I have around 3-4 CD's worth of material in the works. And if I put all of it out there and give a % to HD then, it should be even better, all around. Well, that's the thinking anyway. We'll see.

So, all the material is currently on my youtube channel and I update it regularly, here: [www.youtube.com]. Some are nearly complete songs; others are just ideas as they came to me. Honestly, over the last few months, my music has taken dramatic turn. It's like, I'm finally writing the kind of material I always dreamed of. Songs like, "Green Skies" and, "Angel" I couldn't have imagined writing before now. And I think it would be a shame to sit on this stuff when there's potential for not only sharing it with others who may find listening to it enjoyable but also, as a way to make even a small difference in the lives of those with HD - and their loved ones.

So, that's where it stands now. Again, my sincere apologies for my outburst before. Hope you're all well here. Take care,

~ John
August 15, 2010 07:19PM
Best of luck - you are doing a wonderful thing and it is a huge undertaking. No apologies necessary - I think everyone who is on this site understands frustration. I, for one, am very impressed with your accomplishments so far and wish you the best of luck completing the project!
August 16, 2010 11:07AM
You are very talented! I love your music.

Sharon
October 13, 2010 12:16AM
Okay so, I was just informed that it is possible to publish songs to iTunes individually. Therefore, rather than wait for the whole CD to be completed, I'm going to start uploading the songs one at a time.

Again, 10% will be donated to HD research and I will do this monthly. I'm guessing it'll be something like $1 per song but not quite sure yet as I still have to set it up. Anyway, there are two songs very close to being completed so hopefully, we will see them posted within the next week or two.

It may not generate a billion dollars but, every little bit, right? And maybe the music will produce a few smiles too. smiling smiley

Also, if there will be an issue with me posting an iTunes link here, please let me know. Maybe I'll make another website and link to that. Don't want to violate any posting rules here.

~ John

P.S. - The original idea for Music For Huntington's was a CD called, "There's Always Hope" and consisted of 10 songs. Since that time, I've experienced a few spurts of inspiration and now the total songs in the works has exceeded 30 so, we'll just get the ball rolling and keep throwing them up there and see what happens. smiling smiley
October 13, 2010 07:45AM
Good for you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login