Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

HD Angel

Posted by Suzanne 
Re: HD Angel
December 10, 2009 05:58AM
Thank you all so very much. It DOES help, to know i have all of you here, and you all know what this feels like, and i am not alone in it. Thank you so very much. You all are just awesome.

Love to you,

Suzanne
December 10, 2009 07:31AM
I hope you received my PM.
rj
December 10, 2009 02:42PM
So sorry on your loss...
December 11, 2009 08:29PM
We are so sorry to hear of your Suzanne,our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Gordon and Kirsty
December 12, 2009 12:25PM
Adding my condolences. So sorry Suzanne. xx
db
December 14, 2009 06:17PM
Suzanne I am sorry to read about your sister . db
January 27, 2010 10:21AM
This is sort of weird to bring this thread back to the top. After I posted my really short condolences which I kinda felt bad about to be honest, it made me start thinking. And I asked what Suzanne thought about this. But I didn't want to turn her sad time into something other than condolences even though she said to bring it up.

Barb and I were discussing an HD death. She had said she didn't like the term HD Angel for herself. I got that... at least for Barb. Angel for her is something that kinda drifts off and gets forgotten, and sort of sounds maybe defeated? So we got to thinking what else if not HD Angel?

So we came up with HD Soldier. We always remember our fallen soldiers if not specifically, as a group. And in the middle of a war we can use their loss to keep fighting so the loss wasn't for nothing.

This isn't a replacement but a choice of how you might prefer to be thought of or how you think of others... and if you don't think of yourself as angelic... smiling smiley or think of your family member as a fighter maybe you would like like this?

Suzanne said I should post it. She wrote me a very good piece about Karen and how strong she was. Suzanne actually wanted a high rank for Karen... smiling smiley I don't think that's up to me... grinning smiley But if she's a General to Suzanne that works for me... smiling smiley I like soldiering on for the fallen and the living myself.

Anyway, Barb never gets Angel... smiling smiley Someone remember that for me. I might need to be labeled first... glad I won't be around to hear what that might be... smiling smiley I don't know whether this needs comment or not. I guess people will sort of decide over time and it will just get usage or not. And if someone personally likes Angel.. by all means use it! Hopefully most people won't have to bother with this and war will be over and we will all be regular angels... or whatever I get called... yikes! grinning smiley
January 27, 2010 11:13AM
I always think of my young brother-in-law as a valiant knight who fought a fierce dragon. I don?t like HD angel either.

My condolences, Suzanne. I will remember her enjoying old CDs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 11:15AM by Maggie.
January 27, 2010 11:22AM
I am not terribly fond of angel because Biblically, angels are different creations than human beings. But I think that people use it to indicate that they believe that their loved ones continue on, healed, and helping God in heaven which is a lovely thought.

Years ago a friend who tested negative asked me what category she fell into. She felt she was still a member of the community and would still be working on HD issues, although HD was now ended in her family. I suggested HD warrior and that was how she referred to herself on the Hunt Dis list.

I'm not sure I like soldiers for those who have passed on because although the loved ones we lost fought the good fight when they were here with us, I like to think that the battle is over and they've achieved peace.

Some suggested an epitaph for Scott, Annie, Jerry, and John who wrote for the Lighthouse or moderated the chatroom. It's from 2 Timothy 4:7:

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course. I have kept the faith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 11:23AM by Marsha.
January 27, 2010 02:02PM
Thank you Maggie... those CD's, at least many of them, have and are being shared by her friends at the home. What a blessing they were!!smiling smiley

it is interesting to think about though... I think of an angel as,not the biblical definition, but based on what that person meant to me. Of course, there are degrees of angels...Brother John was a...well....tough angel, and Karen was once tough, but then became determined, and made her world around her better. me, i will say the only thing holding my halo up are the two horns... grinning smiley

I always thought Warrior was a good one, but consider it more for before passing than after? I don't really know. But i will say that thinking of my sisters and brother as angels doesn't mean they will fade away from my thoughts and heart, and memories. I think soldier is cool, and actually, whatever you want for your loved one.smiling smiley It really means the most to those that are left behind i suppose.

Much love to you all,

Suzanne
jl
February 03, 2010 01:42PM
Suzanne - I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister, Karen!

jl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login