Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

I have some Medicare questions.

Posted by bmnb123 
I have some Medicare questions.
October 20, 2009 12:46AM
I currently getting disabilities have 200 for expensive.

1. I have bad knees It keeps me from working out what are my options in Florida for seeing a doctor about this.

2. Medicare only pays 80 percent only have for expensive as it is what are my options?

3 Does Part D. cost extra?

4 I currently using johnson and johnson foundation
to pay my drugs will I loses I even if don?t get Part D.?

Thank for your time

Jason
Re: I have some Medicare questions.
October 20, 2009 07:59AM
Part "A" is for generally hosptial/LTC coverage and Part "B" is doctor coverage. Part "D" is for Drug coverage. Yes, Medicare A & B pays 80 % and you are responsible for the other 20% but depending on how much income you have there are programs at your local Medicaid office that can pay your Part "B" medicare premium for you and possible programs that can pay the other 20% that medicaid does not pay....if you have enough bills in the given month. You have to call your local Medicaid office and see what programs your state offers you (they may be called a "spendown" program" to pay the other 20%)

Again....depending on your income you may pay a small fee for the Part "D" drug coverage or you may qualify for low income free coverage, call your Social Security Office to find out of you qualify for free or low cost part "D" coverage
Re: I have some Medicare questions.
October 25, 2009 06:48PM
Yes, and you could also go to the Department of Human Sevices in your homestate to see if you can qualify for state medicade services.

They vary state to state, but you may qualify for other items that could offset the cost of your medical expenses.

You must go to the DHS office in your county. They can hook you up if you qualify, and only they can tell you if you do.

They might give you some advice on how to deal with medicare too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login