Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Keeping my Blankets on my Bed

Posted by AR 
AR
Keeping my Blankets on my Bed
October 13, 2009 04:26AM
Every single morning - without fail - all three of my blankets and sometimes the sheet itself is on the floor - does anyone have any ideas for keeping the blankets on the bed- Bumping my head against a brick wall

Thanks

AR

'Carpe Diem'
Re: Keeping my Blankets on my Bed
October 13, 2009 06:59AM
When I was a little kid, there used to be blanket pins that were used to keep the blankets from falling off. I don't know if there are things like that now.Great big Bulldog clips on one side of the bed, might help.
October 13, 2009 08:44AM
AR,

You can try a pair of old elastic suspenders, put them under matress & clip the blanket. Cheap and easy! or here are a couple of sites that sell clips to keep sheets and blankets on the bed.

[www.ezclipsheetstraps.com]

[www.pillowhold.com]

Deborah
October 13, 2009 01:51PM
Hey Andy. I don't think the blankets are the big question here smiling smiley You must be having a terrible terrible restless sleep, and must wake up feeling exhausted. I know, with hd came sleep problems for me. I would wake up with bruises from punching myself in my sleep, wake up several times a night screaming from nightmares, and then be tired and frightened all day long. The answer to blanket problems, is seroquel smiling smiley
October 13, 2009 02:14PM
My hubby wouldn't give up his death grip on his blanket if you paid him to(we each use our own blanket), but he moves so much during the night that he has to put his fitted sheet back on every morning as it has popped loose on his side of the bed.
October 13, 2009 03:05PM
If chorea is that severe, have you tried medication for it?
AR
October 13, 2009 09:19PM
Thanks for the tip Deborah, I am going to buy one - I will let you know how it works.

Barb - I am already taking sleeping medication, I wake usually once during the night but I am not really that exhausted when I wake up.

Dave -

My chorea is not that bad other than this - there was some checklist I completed for TBZ and I didn't check one thing on the list - i still go to the gym, drive, and still can take of my self. It is just like Liz Ann says when I wake up it looks like a tornado came through my room - right to my fitted sheets -

I have always been a restless sleeper. It has gotten worse in the last two years as my symptoms have worsened. Plus I am alone so there is no one to warn me or kick me now.

Anyway thanks for the tips

AR

'Carpe Diem'
October 13, 2009 09:53PM
I agree Andy, in that T's chorea wasn't bad but slept restlessly too. Even today her chorea is pretty calm when she sleeps. If the other stuff doesn't work.. maybe a sleeping bag? I slept in one for two years when I was kid. Loved it...
October 13, 2009 11:10PM
Glad to hear your sleeping good Andy, for me, that was the worst, not sleeping good, but you are, so thats very cool. Hey i know, maybe you'll win my 2010 raffle quilt, and i can put a zipper on it for you smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
October 15, 2009 10:24AM
LOL Barb! That's a pretty cool idea.
Better buy some tickets, Andy!!

Laughing out loud

Deborah
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login