Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Newbies from Raleigh

Posted by lauraandpete 
Newbies from Raleigh
September 26, 2009 12:58PM
Hello. Our names are Pete and Laura. We have been following the forum and the HD Lighthouse site for about ten years and just haven?t posted. Back in the day when Jerry and Scott were still around. We now live in Raleigh NC but are originally from NJ. We are new here on the forum. As Laura?s HD progresses she is feeling more lonely and cut off from the world so we thought joining the forum would help. Laura was diagnosed with HD about five year?s ago. Laura?s mom passed at 61 back in 2003 of complications of HD. Laura?s Grandfather also passed back in the 80?s from complications of HD. Laura has an uncle that was recently diagnosed. We just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary in August ?09. We have tried to ignore HD to no avail. It keeps popping up somewhere and the tears are shed as we watch our two kids grow to be young adults. Hopefully by becoming more active we will gain some of the priceless knowledge available here. Maybe we will even be able to offer some words of encouragement. We definitely have some recipes to share.
Re: Newbies from Raleigh
September 26, 2009 01:20PM
Hi Pete and Laura! Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are posting; we are always happy to add new folks to our extended family.

The HDSA convention is in Raleigh next year. Hopefully you can attend and meet some of us in person.
September 26, 2009 01:42PM
Hi Marsha!
Thanks for your welcome!
We were just reading that yesterday about the convention and we're really excited its coming to Raliegh.
It would be great to attend and also meet some of the people who we have gotten to know through reading the forum for years!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2009 01:53PM by lauraandpete.
September 26, 2009 02:51PM
Pete and Laura,

Welcome from NE Raleigh. We've lived in Brentwood for over 25 years. Mini-City was the end of the earth when we first moved. There's a monthly support group that meets at Raleigh Duke Hospital. I don't attend for several reasons, but if you're interested contact Tim Canning at Tim@gift-maker.com

Will Brown
September 26, 2009 03:36PM
Thanks Will.

We live in NW raleigh and our son goes to leesville daughter 1st year
at app state.
We really didn't like NC when we moved but now we are starting to like it. Still can't find any good restaurants though!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2009 03:37PM by lauraandpete.
September 26, 2009 03:56PM
Welcome. I live in Sussex County NJ. Where did you live in NJ?
September 26, 2009 03:59PM
Welcome

Welcome Laura & Pete!!

Deborah
September 26, 2009 04:14PM
Thanks Paula.
We lived in Hunterdon county and loved it there.
We had cousins that used to live in sussex and we went to the playboy club with them back in the 70s. Was that in sussex?
We moved to raleigh to excape the high taxes and cold weather.
September 26, 2009 07:33PM
Welcome Laura and Pete smiling smiley

[www.hdyo.org]
September 26, 2009 08:28PM
Hmmm .... priceless knowledge? I can price it for ya... how about 20 bucks?..smiling smiley Welcome Pete and Laura..smiling smiley
September 26, 2009 09:31PM
Everyone here is so nice I'm starting to cheer up already!
Eric I was laughing when I read you post!
Laura
db
September 27, 2009 07:51AM
I would like to say welcome too . db
db
September 27, 2009 07:51AM
I would like to say welcome too . db
September 27, 2009 04:00PM
Hi Laura and Pete smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
September 28, 2009 09:10AM
Welcome

Stacy-NJ
September 28, 2009 06:28PM
Glad to meet you guys!
Carla
September 29, 2009 02:06PM
Welcome to the forum Laura and Pete. Group hug

Patty
September 29, 2009 07:09PM
So glad you're with us. Smiles and reassurance along with knowledge and experience - that's why I'm here.

Welcome!!

Jackie
September 30, 2009 05:48PM
Jackie~

Hey, that could be like our slogan here...Come join our family where you get smiles & reassurance along with knowledge & experience. I love it!!!!

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Laughing out loud spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Deborah
rj
October 01, 2009 07:08AM
Nice to meet yall!!!! Glad your here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login