Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

R.I.P DAD

Posted by just1moreperson 
R.I.P DAD
September 17, 2009 08:27PM
My dad passed away at about 11pm Thursday night after having a cardiac arrest here at home. We tried to help him but couldn't do anything, medics came very quickly and tried for 15 min to get him back but he had gone.

It was quick and he died at home with loved ones, that's something at least. He looked peaceful at the hospital where his brothers and sister came to say goodbye.

I'm glad I was there to see him go, I only got back from Vancouver Thursday at midday. My mum reckons he was waiting for me to get home before leaving us, I'd like to think that was true.

He was a very good man who taught me a lot of important lessons purely through his own actions as he was unable to communicate for many years.

I love you very much and miss you hugely already dad.

R.I.P DAD ...my world wont be the same without you.

[www.hdyo.org]
Re: R.I.P DAD
September 17, 2009 08:33PM
I am very sorry Matt. This was your dad's last lesson.. but valuable. I was just with my own dad passing away. It's very surreal feeling.. but I hope peaceful for you.
September 17, 2009 08:43PM
Thank you Eric, I was just in the middle of replying to your question on the other thread when dad started having difficulties. I'm thankful I was there to see him off.

[www.hdyo.org]
September 17, 2009 08:49PM
Oh my, Matt what can I say? I can say how sorry I am but that doesn't express half of what I am feeling for you at the moment, I am so truely feeling for you.

Your Dad has always been an inspiration to you all your life, and you have dedicated your young life to looking after him which I imagine has been getting harder and harder and he knew that - they do know how it affects family members even if they can't verbalise it.

This makes me wonder again about timing, he waited for you to come home before he went. Is it possible we can control our lives like that - this is another case of it happening and I have seen and heard this so many times it really makes me wonder.

Please know that I care for you and your Mum deeply, this is a trying time for you both and I hope the family and friends you have rally around you and help you through these next few weeks.

I am glad you returned in time to see him and him to see you, and through my tears I think of him being in a much better place where he is now free of HD, but he is also with you in spirit.

Much love to you both, I know there's nothing I can do but if you think there is please say so. Even if I can phone you, if you want to talk about your loss compared to mine I am more than happy to do that - talking with people who have been there can help immensely.

Take good care my friend

Debbie xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
September 17, 2009 08:50PM
Matt, I'm so sorry. We enjoyed our time with you so much. You Dad is a wonderful man, who waited for you to get home...I'm so glad he waited for you, and wish you the best, love Barb and Dan and Jen
jl
September 17, 2009 09:51PM
Oh, Matt - I know you'll miss him greatly!

I'm still missing my mom!

jl
September 17, 2009 09:59PM
Dear Matt,
I sm sorry to hear of your dad's death soon after the van conference. I
m glad that you were back and with him and that he died peacefully. I remember my dead mother because she was still for the first time in my life. It seemed odd almost.
Take time to recover and may you have a life time of memories of your dad.
Dusty
September 17, 2009 11:16PM
Again, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss Matt. My guess is you are right that he sensed you'd be home soon and he waited for you to get there so he could feel your presence. What a special bond you two had. Love to you, Pat
September 18, 2009 01:56AM
MATT,

I CAN ONLY REPEAT WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID, I AM TERRIBLY SORRY
THAT YOUR FATHER HAS PASSED FROM OUR WORLD...

i believe that he is in good hands, and some day when it is your
turn, you will be with all the others that have gone before you.
and will come after... whether we die from illness or old age,
we all end up together wherever that may be... they call it the
circle of life. it doesnt make it easier, it is just a fact...

your dad loved you so much matt, and as you said, he could not
leave without sharing a farwell with you...
you are the man he wanted you to be i am sure, and you will
carry on his legacy, and someday maybe the world will be a
better place for all of us....

much love to you at this time...Rose
September 18, 2009 02:02AM
Im so so sorry Matt. My eyes are all filling up because I know what your going through. Im glad you were home and able to see him before he passed and be around him when he passed.

My thoughts are with you and your family x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 04:55AM by lou_22x.
September 18, 2009 03:31AM
Matt,
Sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you will find comfort in the fact that you where with him when he passed.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Take care

Yvonne
September 18, 2009 06:17AM
Matt, It's good that you were able to be there with your Dad to say goodbye. And as others have said, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Steve
September 18, 2009 06:34AM
Matt,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss and am so glad you were able to be with him. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Paula
September 18, 2009 08:08AM
Matt~

My heart goes out to you. May your memories give you some comfort in your time of sorrow. I believe they are always with us in spirit even after they leave the physical world. Please take care.

Deborah
September 18, 2009 08:14AM
Matt,

I'm so sorry. It was great meeting you in Vancouver. I was getting ready to write my conference report but I'll have to wait until my eyes clear up from your news.

Will
September 18, 2009 08:23AM
Matt, I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. May you find strength in his memory.

Patty
September 18, 2009 08:41AM
I'm sorry for you and your family's pain.
Blessings, LizzieAnn
September 18, 2009 09:55AM
Thank you everyone I really appreciate it. Can't thank everyone enough for being such great support to me and my family.

[www.hdyo.org]
September 18, 2009 10:48PM
My dad has been gone for over 20 years. When he visits me in my dreams, he is the healthy, happy, wonderful man I knew for the first 10 years of my life. I like to tell those closest to me in my family that he's sending us a message of hope. Whether true or not, it helps for me to think he's at peace, and those of us who will follow after will find that peace too.

I'm sorry for your pain. Bless you.

Jackie
September 19, 2009 08:37AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Matt. I'm glad you were there for him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login