Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My raffle quilt, new total smiling smiley Looking for ideas

Posted by Barb 
My raffle quilt, new total smiling smiley Looking for ideas
July 30, 2009 06:36PM
I have a new total for my HD raffle quilt, and i'm just so pleased with how it is going, and how many people are taking part in this. My new total is, $695.00 Thank you so much everyone smiling smiley

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
My HD Raffle Quilt
[myhdquilts.wordpress.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2009 08:10PM by Barb.
Re: My raffle quilt, new total smiling smiley
July 30, 2009 08:09PM
What if next year, i was to make a raffle quilt for my US friends? Could some of you tell me, your ideas, on what you think would benefit the best. The funds from it, where would people like to see the funds go, to the hdsa? To a local chapter? Is there 3 or 4 universities in the US, that you consider to be really close, to reaching the goal with research? I know the quilt im doing now, is going to the Michael Hayden lab here, be4cause i really believe in that, and i'm wondering who you guys are believing and hoping for, so looking for some ideas smiling smiley
Re: My raffle quilt, new total smiling smiley Looking for ideas
July 31, 2009 02:17AM
Wow Barb that is so cool Clapping You are amazingsmiling smiley
I will definantly buy some raffle tickets at the world congress!...flights are all booked!

I hope you get some ideas from these guys about where to put future quilt money... We always try and give our fundraising money from our benifit concert directly to families in some way, as that feels really important to us... I really like your passion to give this money to Micheal Haydens lab. Do you know what they might do with it?
I look forward to reading what ideas people come up with! xx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 02:24AM by Michelle.
July 31, 2009 02:22AM
Oh wow, you're coming Michelle???!!! (((((hugs))))) i'm so happy smiling smiley I'm going to be so happy to have a chance to meet some of my friends smiling smiley
July 31, 2009 02:26AM
Yeah its going to be really wonderful Barb...I cant wait to give you a human (((hug)))!!! smiling smiley
July 31, 2009 09:26PM
Would it be nice to have a raffle quilt at the US national convention? Would people want to buy tickets there, and have money go to the hdsa? Does money to hdsa just go into one pot, for everything, or do they have any kind of a favourite fund that people like? I will still be making one each year for the Michael Hayden lab here, i was thinking of an addition raffle quilt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 09:28PM by Barb.
August 01, 2009 08:29AM
There are magnificent memorial quilts there at every conference. Here is Arlo with the quilts..

[huntingtondisease.tripod.com].

When I saw them I wanted to make a square for my sister but so far have not got aroundtuit
August 01, 2009 08:47AM
Barb, that is awesome! I haven't thought of any ideas other than the HDSA, but wanted to say what a great job you have done, and continue to do, with this fundraiser.

Patty
August 01, 2009 02:30PM
I think it would be great if the money went into a scholarship fund so some families who couldn't afford to go to the HDSA convention could have financial help in attending.
August 01, 2009 03:07PM
hmmm, that sounds really cool Paula. There is a scholarship fund now isnt there i think? And can people donate directly to that fund?
August 01, 2009 07:04PM
I know there is a scholarship fund for youth. I don't know if there is a scholsrship fund for families and I don't know how it works. I do think a fund for families would be good.
MRO
August 01, 2009 08:43PM
Barb I think that is a great idea, you can send it to the Indiana Chapter we never turn away money smiling smiley

I think scholarships for families to attend the conference would be great, it might make the difference of someone being able to go or not. I think they only have youth scholarships now.

Thanks Barb!
August 01, 2009 09:06PM
hmmm, are you a mind reader now too Maria? lol smiling smiley What i was thinking for next year, is doing my michael hayden raffle, doing one for national convention, maybe, and i was also thinking about you. You do such great fundraising and are so involved with your chapter, i have the thought of making one for you to raffle for your chapter. I think you would do an awesome job at that, and it would help people in your area that i care about smiling smiley So that is an idea i have in the works, in my head, and i thought for sure you would jump on that lol, and you did smiling smiley So maybe it's a good idea

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 09:07PM by Barb.
dcb
August 02, 2009 03:18PM
Amost $700.00!! You rock Barb!!! and what ever you choose in for the US would be great!! I love the scholorship idea, there are COEs could always use the $$, The Univercities envolved in reaseach could use the extra etc etc...where ever you decide to allocate the funds will be a GREAT choice!!

I would love to help you out and sell raffle tickets at our Fall spa day and the lawn mower races!! let me know..

talk soon
Great Job!!

DCB
*Living for today*
MRO
August 05, 2009 09:06AM
Barb that is too sweet but I won't be selfish, I know you love us Indiana folks but we will understand if it goes elsewhere!

Deb has great idea of selling tickets at events, I am sure we could see at an event or two as well!

Keep on selling!
dcb
August 05, 2009 10:19PM
M I will sell tickets at events as long as it goes to a good cause!! and all HD causes are good ones so what ever you decide Barb send me some tickets tell me where the funds are being designated for hd and I will see what I can do..I dont guarntee a thing..but in general people like raffles of any sort LOL We made up alot of lost sponsor money from the races this year w/a raffle of a lawn mower and a 50/50. We could talk about a way to add your quilt next year or figure someting out...

DCB
*Living for today*
August 05, 2009 11:01PM
Oh gosh, sorry i didnt get back to you guys, been having pc trouble last few days rggg lol. Yes, i will think of some ideas, and talk to you both soon for sure! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login