Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Trey Gray will be on Charlotte radio tonight...

Posted by trey gray 
Trey Gray will be on Charlotte radio tonight...
July 20, 2009 10:39AM
Hello everyone,

I will be doing a live on-air interview tonight on WBT in Charlotte. It will be on 10:05 p.m Eastern time and 9:05 Central. You can hear the live stream @www.wbt.com. Woo-hoo, we're spreading the word!!!!!

cheers & blessings,
Trey Gray
Re: Trey Gray will be on Charlotte radio tonight...
July 20, 2009 11:36AM
I listened to your interviews here in Indiana.. actually I liked the non-HD parts more.. and they were really interesting. Not that the HD things weren't cool.. I just know all that stuff already..smiling smiley I love you musicians. Oh wait.. are drummers musicians or just something bands rent until they save enough to buy a good drum machine?

Kidding! Drummer jokes..grinning smiley

Drum machine rim shot please..grinning smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 11:37AM by Eric.
July 20, 2009 11:50AM
Trey, you have to look over Eric!!! :-)

i will try and catch the broadcast tonight! I would love to make it to nashville to the golf tourney. i am only 2 hours away, so i hope it works out!

thanks for all you are doing in spreading the word!!! you are an awesome voice for those of us who can't speak that loudly!!
rj
July 20, 2009 12:33PM
Yay!!! I will try to get the kiddos to bed early so I can listen in!
July 20, 2009 01:09PM
Thanks for posting on here lately. I can only speak for myself, but seeing a post on here from you raises my spirits. I'm so happy that your celebrity status enables you to get the word out!!

I'll be sure to listen tonight...

Denise

p.s. - be sure to post when you will be in the NY area.
July 20, 2009 04:12PM
You?re wonderful to do so much for the HD cause. Keep us posted.
July 20, 2009 10:53PM
Hi Trey...we listened to your interview tonight here in Post Falls Idaho...My Husband has HD...and we have 3 sons at risk...you mentioned you had symptoms since 2001...what were your syptoms then?? i could go back to 2003 with my hubby but we were going through some stuff the other night and came across a photo reader he bought in 2001 because he felt like he could not concentrate...and started buying gingo to help with memory that he felt like was not working right...but never used the photo reader much and forgot to take the gingo most of the time...i just wrote it off then thinking he was only experiencing what we all feel from time to time...2003 was when i noticed irritablity...he was 38 in 2001 and is 46 now...the Dr. feels like he is going into the 3rd stage of the disease...his CAG is 45...just wondering what your CAG is and what stage you feel like you are in...but if you don't want to answer these questions it's okay...just wondering as it seems like syptoms started about the same time... my husband can no longer work or drive...he can still take care of his physical needs but it does take more time...he was adopted when he was a baby so we also did not know what HD was until October 2007 when he was diagnosed...

Thanks so much for getting the word out for all of us...Nila
July 21, 2009 09:51AM
Nila,

Thanks for listening and for writing. It was my uncle who was diagnosed in 2001. He passed last early last year. My symptoms began in 2003 and in late 2003 I was diagnosed. My CAG is 43 and I will be 41(ugh!!) in December. I'm not sure Dr. JoAnne knows exactly what stage I'm in. She can't believe I'm still holding on to my drumsticks.

In my opinion don't get stuck on what they say anyway. She had said early last year that in 5 years I would be about half the person I was right then. Do some days seem harder than others, sure, but we will all go through that. I don't know how much longer I will drive, or even tour for that matter, but I do have a lot of faith, and a lot of family and friends.

I hope this helps in some little way. I will be praying for you and your family. I seem to ramble sometimes, sorry bout that...ha ha ha.

cheers & blessings,
Trey
July 22, 2009 09:47AM
Thanks for your answers...so was your first syptoms having a hard time concentrating?? like my husband??...it's great you can still work and drive and hold your drum sticks...i watched your iterview on your myspace and i think you said you had to tape them to your hands...how is that working for you???...

Two of our sons are thinking of testing...they are 23 and 22...when they told me the other day i felt like i was not ready for that...but when would i ever be ready?...at least right now i still have hope they don't have it...but i do understand them needing to know...our oldest just feels like he dosent know whitch way to go right now...he was heading into the medical field when we found out his Dad has it...he doesent want to bring on more dept if he has the gene...Nila
August 05, 2009 07:25AM
Trey

Thanks for being so honest and for your postings.

Stacy-NJ
jl
August 05, 2009 09:01AM
Well, there ya go, Trey! We have 2 things in common.

I was tested in 2003, as well - and with a CAG repeat of 43.

The big difference is that I'm 61 (ugh!).

jl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login