Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Lawn mower race to benefit HD research 7/18 & 7/19

Posted by mowermovie 
Lawn mower race to benefit HD research 7/18 & 7/19
July 13, 2009 05:26PM
As many of you know I am producing and directing a documentary film on how the sport of lawn mower racing is being used to bring awareness of and raise research funds for Huntington's disease. The race is this coming weekend in Sparta, MI. On July 11 I had the good fortune of being interviewed on WOOD 1300 AM in Grand Rapids regarding Huntington's and the role that lawn mower racing plays in bringing the disease to its end. I will be interviewed on Kalamazoo's WZUU this Wednesday July 15 at 9:30 AM EDT. You can listen online at [www.wzuu.com]. If you know anyone in Western Michigan please make them aware of the race. Details at [www.hdmowerraces.com]

Mike Ratel
Producer/Director On Your Mark, Get Set, MOW! - A Tale of Hope, Redemption, and Lawn Mower Racing
[www.mowermovie.com] [www.facebook.com]
info@mowermovie.com
703 593 3582
dcb
Re: Lawn mower race to benefit HD research 7/18 & 7/19
July 13, 2009 08:54PM
Look me up in the Tshirt Tent!!! But ya need to buy a tshirt or 2!! hehe

DCB
*Living for today*
July 13, 2009 10:50PM
I think I will have to buy some T shirts from you at another time. After losing my IT job last fall I am waiting tables a few days a week, selling some of my musical gear, and borrowing money from friends and family to finish the film. This weekend will be expensive as I am hiring a second camera person for Saturday and Sunday.
July 13, 2009 11:04PM
My PHD husband would love this. We both grew up in MI but now live in OH. Wish he was strong enough to make the trip. It sounds like a lot of fun.Good luck!
July 14, 2009 08:53AM
Wishing you all the best for your much appreciated fundraiser.
Ron C.
July 14, 2009 09:20AM
Have a great weekend everybody! Hope we get to see pictures!

Patty
dcb
July 16, 2009 05:39AM
There are pics of last years race in the mug shots..I forget how far in but they are pretty good ones

DCB
*Living for today*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login