Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

2nd Annual Trey Gray Tee Off For A Cure

Posted by trey gray 
2nd Annual Trey Gray Tee Off For A Cure
July 13, 2009 01:48PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know that we have a date and some celebs lined up for the 2nd annual Tee Off For A Cure.

The date is Friday, September 25th @ 1 p.m. Kix and Ronnie will both be on hand. Hopefully Rodney Atkins as well and some other local tv and radio people, NFL cheerleaders and so much more.

Please visit myspace.com/treygrayhd or p.m. me for any information you mat need.

cheers & blessings to you all,
Trey Gray
rj
Re: 2nd Annual Trey Gray Tee Off For A Cure
July 13, 2009 02:02PM
Trey,
Sounds very exciting, Wish I didn't live so far away! Thank you so much for all you do. Hope your not feeling as tired as you were!
July 13, 2009 02:14PM
Trey, Is this something the general public can play golf in (or their husbands when they don't play golf winking smiley ),or is it celebs playing and admission to watch? Thanks for the info and for your efforts.

Patty
July 13, 2009 02:51PM
Hi Trey,

Glad to see you are able to line up so much support for HD. Wish I could come down and watch since you are only a one day drive from me. Hope you have good weather to tee off. Have fun.

Mel
July 13, 2009 03:35PM
Hello,

It's open to everyone. It's $175 per person or $650 for a foursome. You can also just come and have dinner for $50 a person. The myspace should be a little more active by the end of the week. Hope to see some of you there.

cheers & blessings,
Trey
July 13, 2009 08:17PM
Thanks for all you're doing Trey, we're really proud of you smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 08:23PM by Barb.
July 14, 2009 09:03AM
Hi Trey
Though I appreciate your intent, don't you feel this is a bit "Spendy" for regular HD Families?. Maybe I should just Shut up and watch you Raise the "BIG" Bucks.

Ron C.
July 14, 2009 09:21AM
Thank you Trey!
Ron, this is just another 'level' of fundraising-golfing is expensive, 'par for the course'.
ALL of the fundraising is appreciated-it ALL adds up! And, we want awareness on all levels.
July 14, 2009 09:22AM
Ron, I think it's right in line with what hubby pays for golf tournaments. You have to remember, there will be lots of people playing golf that are not part of an HD family but are supporting the cause.

Patty
July 14, 2009 09:23AM
Oops, you snuck in under me Nannette. smiling smiley

Patty
July 18, 2009 05:26PM
Trey,

I told Lisa I would help her do whatever she needs me to do. I'm not above "grunt work" or work behind scenes. Please remind her of my offer, so she doesn't get overwhelmed.

Teressa Franklin
July 19, 2009 10:21AM
Ron,

If it makes you feel any better, they were very few, and I mean very few, of my musician friends who can afford this tourney. None of the crew guys from our touring outfit could either.

The golf tourney was HDSA's and a few other peoples suggestion. It's the easiest way to make bigger money, but very very hard on myself and my family to make happen. I want to put an end to this disease and find a cure. If that means holding a golf tourney and kissing babies (ha) I'm willing to do just that.

I am sorry that it's out of the "price range" for some people. It is even for myself. We are looking to start a walk early next year so we have two different events in Nashville to raise money.

cheers & blessings to you all,
Trey
July 19, 2009 12:28PM
Thank you for all of your efforts, Trey. I appreciate your honesty about being HD positive and using your talent to raise awareness and funds towards finding a cure. You are truly an inspiration to me.

(((hugs)))

Deborah
July 20, 2009 04:41PM
It is outstanding!!! I had to give up golf after the first few lessons. If I didn?t, I knew that I would have to quit my job, ignore the kids and husband, and spend all our income plus some on the game. sad smiley I am so competitive (with myself) that I did not want to leave the game even to eat or sleep. That was in my college days many years ago and I think it was one of the wisest decisions I ever made.thumbs up smiley So I won?t make the tourney, but is there a way that I can buy lunch for a few musician friends of yours? Is there an address?
July 20, 2009 05:40PM
Awe, what an awesome idea Maggie! You're the best smiling smiley Hope your fundraiser is an outstanding success Trey! smiling smiley

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
My HD Raffle Quilt
[myhdquilts.wordpress.com]
July 21, 2009 09:56AM
Good morning guys and gals,

Maggie, thanks so much. You can donate to have some other people play or come to the dinner. Just log on to our myspace.com/treygrayhd and it will tell you what to do. Thanks everyone for the nice comments and gestures.

cheers & blessings,
Trey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login