Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Dad's money and teeths...people I tell you!

Posted by mackell 
Dad's money and teeths...people I tell you!
July 09, 2009 02:14PM
Well my sister and I have taken control of my father's money, we are now adminstrators. Feels werid to do this...but my mother was lacking and not takening care of it anymore, she has slipped back into her drinking..deeply..she has choosen to drink then to be with her daughters and grandaughter....

Dad's teeth...wow...he got them all pulled out. they were bad anyways, he healed and went for a fitting for new denters. but the guy stoped because dad was drooling too much! DUH!! he has advance HD! GOD some people out there!! don't you READ your patince file before you work on them?!?!? or they just a money sign to you!!

ARRGGG!! sorry had to let it out, basically only you guys would understand.LOL

is there anything to control drooling?!

I hope all is enjoying thier summer!

Other than my wacko family... I am enjoying my summer, Jeff and I are heading to PEI this July...
Re: Dad's money and teeths...people I tell you!
July 09, 2009 02:29PM
I cured drooling by staying away from public swimming pools..winking smiley tongue sticking out smiley

Honestly do think there is a prescription that will work.. but for the life of me I can't remember it. For a one time use it would be ok for that. I believe it's a patch.

Have a great summer and don't worry about stuff when you are supposed to be having fun..smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 02:32PM by Eric.
TEO
July 09, 2009 06:11PM
Hi,

There are prescription drugs which can help with drooling. They are usually drying agents which can "dry" one in other ways. Glycopyrolate is one example. Your father's doc should be able to help.

Good luck,

Tim
July 10, 2009 10:39AM
How about getting another guy to do the work? Just because this guy didn't like it, doesn't mean someobody else would stop simply because of that?

I kinda question if a guy with HD can actually use dentures personally. If he has advanced HD, why have dentures in the first place? My mom didn't have HD, but had plenty of trouble with her dentures in her twilight years. She couldn't use them.

Doesn't having dentures require some control of the mouth? (I dunno personally, my mom complained). I mean, might it even be dangerous to have them?
July 10, 2009 06:27PM
Hi there is a medication called levsin, which helps dry up secreations. Talk to your Dad's doctor's and see what they suggesst for him.
July 10, 2009 09:30PM
My husband successfully used dentures for nine of his bottom teeth that decayed. With the denture he was able to eat food easier. Without them the food came out of his mouth. The denture held the food in place better. I was also able to understand him better with the denture. It helped him enunciate clearer. He did drool but a dentist uses one of those irrigation suctions to control that problem while working on the patient. We had to shop for a dentist before we found one that was comfortable working on an hd patient. I always had a tissue nearby to help wipe drool but there should be a medicine out there. His drool never became excessive. He had a soft palate denture that the dentist said would work best for him and it did. I took it out and cleaned it daily. I also used an electric toothbrush in my husband's mouth to maintain his oral hygiene since he couldn't do it himself.
July 11, 2009 09:54PM
I have h d the only good thing at for me no pain
July 11, 2009 09:57PM
Nice to meet you Tom smiling smiley
July 15, 2009 08:06AM
Welcome, Tom.
July 17, 2009 09:05AM
Thanks.
My sister and I are in process of having a mandate over my father money so things can be paided. My mother is lacking her part, she is takening all his money and drinking it all. Great wife eh?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login