Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

the longest four days....my results are in

Posted by DWilders 
the longest four days....my results are in
June 14, 2009 08:04PM
Hi all...

Just looking for a little support (and maybe some prayers). I tested a month ago and received the call on Thursday that my results are in. I go Tuesday at 10:00am to find out. I was doing really well until a few days ago..now I'm a nervous wreck. My mind is racing and if symptom hunting was an olympic sport, I'd have the gold!!!

I just lost my DAd in January (HD) and have two sisters, both are HD positive. I JUST WANT IT TO BE TUESDAY SO I CAN GET THIS OVER WITH...
any coping tools????

Denise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2009 08:04PM by DWilders.
Re: the longest four days....my results are in
June 14, 2009 08:31PM
my prayers are with you and I hope that you dont have it always remember that god doesnt give us more than we can handle my dad always said that I am sorry for your loss my mom died jan 25th 2009 from hd .theres no words I dont think anyone can say to make things better but I do know that prayers and knowing that someone can understand what you are going through can make a difference. good luck on tuesday
June 14, 2009 08:38PM
Just remember, there is nothing to fear but fear itself. I know that's easy to say, but try and remember that you will still be the same person, and have the same genetics that you have right now, the only difference is you will not be in the dark any more, and you will know your results. Try and relax, and find something to occupy your time, until your results, and i do hope the best for you
June 14, 2009 09:15PM
Kaelee, my Dad died January 29, 2009. Four days after yours. I know that you know exactly how I'm feeling. Thank you for sharing that.

Barb.....your words are very simple, but powerful...thank you.
there is nothing to fear, but fear itself. i will use that as my mantra..

I have work tomorrow (full day) then a dance class in the evening, so I'll be busy...I'll keep you posted.
June 14, 2009 09:56PM
I'll be praying for good results for you too. God Bless you!
June 14, 2009 10:24PM
Denise, what I always say is this... no matter what the results, you will be the same person and nothing changes... your pile of laundry will be waiting for ya either way and you will still have to do it...smiling smiley I know it seems I am minimizing it but really.. life will be the same. Just get it in mind that either way you are going to live a good one.
June 14, 2009 10:47PM
I learn simple from Eric, and just pass it along smiling smiley
June 15, 2009 06:56AM
Denise,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. We're here for you.

Paula
June 15, 2009 08:06AM
Good luck.

Stacy-NJ
June 15, 2009 11:36AM
There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Hmmm I don't get that phrase.

Anyway best of luck Denise, I know that wait can be very difficult. Stay strong and we will all be here to support you either result.

Tc, Matt.

[www.hdyo.org]
June 15, 2009 12:40PM
It means that the fear response is the greater danger than what it is you fear. Being consumed by fear is the greater danger because you let all rationality escape you then, and fear paralysis sets in. If you don't respond properly to what you fear, then you become a victim of what you fear through incorrect action. At that point fear in itself is the problem more than what you have feared from. If a dog attacks and you are scared stiff and take no action and never do when a dog attacks, rather than act defensively or offensively, the dog gets you. But it's not the dog that is the worst fear.. it's fear of fear, because you know you always freeze from fear.

It was observation of the great depression where all investment stopped out of fear that things would go from bad to worse. With the paralysis of investment based in fear, the economy did worsen. In that particular case.. if you are trying to manage the economy. the greatest threat is fear or there is no recovery.
June 15, 2009 04:11PM
Good luck!
June 15, 2009 05:08PM
Denise, I've been thinking about you and will continue to keep you in my prayers. I hope for a negative result but if it's positive, we are all here for you and will be fighting the disease with you.
June 15, 2009 05:08PM
Hey Denise, I hope you are trying to keep a clear head I know it must be very difficult though. Please know that you are and are going to be in my thoughts and prayers on Tue. Best of luck to you and may the outcome be a good one.
June 15, 2009 05:10PM
Thank you Eric, it makes some more sense now.

[www.hdyo.org]
June 16, 2009 04:15AM
Good luck today. I will be thinking of you;
June 16, 2009 12:41PM
I have been checking every so often to see how you are . LOts of prayers are with you.
Update on my results
June 16, 2009 02:46PM
CAG 42
June 16, 2009 02:51PM
So sorry Denise sad smiley How are you feeling?

[www.hdyo.org]
June 16, 2009 03:10PM
Bear hugs to you Denise. I tested the same several years ago. My dad died earlier this year too of hd related stuff. I was pretty prepared when the results came in. I still took a few days away physically to learn to take a full relaxed breath. Comrades in arms are here for you when you feel like having company.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login