Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Next Year's Conference?

Posted by MRO 
MRO
Next Year's Conference?
June 07, 2009 07:27PM
Where is it? Don't they announce it on Sunday???
Re: Next Year's Conference?
June 07, 2009 08:03PM
They announced it and it will be in Raleigh, North Carolina.

See you there!

smiling smiley
Steve
June 07, 2009 08:17PM
Ha! My hd kicked in when i read the title lol, i read NEW year's conference! I re-read the title 3 times, and each time it said NEW years to me lol lol i thought, oh yipee, there's gonna be a new years eve party! lol lol lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2009 08:20PM by Barb.
MRO
June 07, 2009 09:42PM
Dang that is twelve hour drive too. Needs to be in Indiana smiling smiley
June 07, 2009 09:56PM
There are a lot of HD families in North Carolina, but not much in the way of support. I'm glad to see a chance for some attention for this area.
June 07, 2009 11:30PM
Maria, I suggested that to Louise in an e-mail.. she may be renting space as we speak..grinning smiley I think we would do an awesome convention..don't you? Congrats to NC... Should be a blast for you guys..smiling smiley
June 08, 2009 12:20AM
Hey, no forum secrets...lol...who's Louise, tell me tell me smiling smiley
June 08, 2009 06:51AM
North Carolina sounds like a great location. Not too far from NJ.
June 08, 2009 07:16AM
Louise Vetter.. head of HDSA.
June 08, 2009 08:49AM
Wow!!!!!!! We have a brand new Civic Center and a bustling downtown. I've lived in Raleigh since 1980. We used to be a quiet, sleepy Southern town. No longer. The change was epitomized in 2006 when our National Hockey League Carolina Hurricanes paraded the Stanley Cup past a large "To Our Confederate War Dead" monument.

This is exciting. I'll see what I can do to help out with the conference.

Will
June 08, 2009 09:04AM
Hockey in the south is just wrong..smiling smiley If you can't drive on the ice you shouldn't get to play on it..smiling smiley
June 08, 2009 09:37AM
Barb

I don't know whether it is good or bad news. That is not your HD kicking in. I do not have HD, I am a caregiver. In the last 6 months I have developed the exact reading problem. I love to read and lately some of the things don't make sense. I go back and sure enough I read it wrong. The words are always close but not right. New for next, sleep for sweep, etc. I figured it was either stress or, heaven forbid I should say it---age.

We'll celebrate the NEW YEAR together! Happy New Year
MRO
June 08, 2009 09:40AM
Don't get me wrong NC is great! Indy is better smiling smiley.

How much work does the chapter take on to do the National Conference? Does it cost the chapter or does National pick up the bills?

Indiana is the crossroads of America, AND holds more sporting events than any other state in the Country. AND we have super bowl coming too.

I guess I should petition for National Conference in Indy too.
June 08, 2009 10:21AM
Barb, believe it or not.....i read it NEW also!!!! so don't feel so bad...or maybe i should join you and feel bad myself.

7.5 hours for me.....500 miles....maybe i can make it though.
June 08, 2009 11:02AM
...perhaps we're misreading/incorporating the word "new" post into our reading of the header?

Heh.
June 08, 2009 11:49AM
fi yuo cna
raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe
out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht
I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod
are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the
wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
MRO
June 08, 2009 12:21PM
Wow Ron, I understood every word. No I know why my proofing skills stink smiling smiley.
jl
June 08, 2009 12:22PM
If you can read this, you have a strange mind, too. Can you read this? Only 55 people out of 100 can. (count me in, Ron!)

jl
jl
June 08, 2009 12:30PM
I've been to Indiana I'd much rather go to N. Carolina.

I don't think that Indy is at the "Crossroads of America", Maria. If you look at the map, I think that's closer to Kansas! smiling smiley

jl
jl
June 08, 2009 12:51PM
This brings up a humorous aspect of US geography.

Since the USA began on the east coast - most everything west of New England is often called "the west".

The "midwest" is actually the mideast.

The "west" is actually central.

The "Pacific States" actually comprise more than California!

As a matter of fact - when my family settled Oregon - it was technically a "foreign country". One would think, based on a lot of news broadcasts that it might still be.

They only just recently (some of them!) learned to pronounce "Oregon".
Most still have problems with "Willamette" and "Tualatin"!

We Oregonians are subjected to so much of this, that we sometimes subscribe to the general misconceptions about US geography.

A fellow Oregonian once talked about visiting family "back East". Really, I asked. Are you visiting the East Coast?

"No," he answered. "Wyoming".

It's all relative! smiling smiley

j
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login