Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Early symptoms?

Posted by justine 
Re: Early symptoms?
April 15, 2009 07:48AM
My phd hubby had the same thing with driving...vroom..vroom..vroom on the accelerator. I would ask him why is your foot doing that? He would say he was just tapping his foot to the beat of the music. Actually, he was just covering up the symptom by saying that as he often still does with his chorea movements.

His hand writing declined and he was written up about it before at work with them saying your written reports are messy (we didn't realize it was an HD symptom then. We just thought he was being in a hurry.

Very early on he waved his hands a lot when talking. I used to think, "you're not Italian, quit talking with your hands".

My phd would not sit still. He would feel "anxious" and stand a lot during conversations while others were sitting. He will often rub his hands to together to move them in what he thinks may look like purposeful ways but it's only because he is attempting to cover up the chorea movements. I don't tell him that, but I know that's what he's doing. It's obvious to me as I've seen him doing it for so long.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login