Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

I did it! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by Barb 
I did it! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
April 02, 2009 08:32PM
I did it i did it i did it! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
I will write a better blurb later tonight or tomorrow when i have more time, but for now, i did it!!! I am so happy. I accomplished one of my goals, i actually did it, and i'm so thrilled.
I made a quilt, a wallhanging quilt, that was very very nice! And it's a gift to my hd clinic for the patient waiting room, and it looks so awesome!
And yesterday me and dan went into vancouver to the clinic, they new i was coming, and they had the whole staff there, and i got to do a presentation, and a little speachy thing and everything! And they were so thrilled, i am so happy smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley I will try and do a better post later and put a photo of the quilt in the post smiling smiley I am so proud smiling smiley
Re: I did it! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
April 02, 2009 09:47PM
Terrific Barb.I'm your cheerleaderThe wavehot smiley
April 02, 2009 10:16PM
Thank you Dusty smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
jl
April 02, 2009 10:50PM
Good for you! You do such nice work!

I'll look for the picture..............

jl
April 03, 2009 03:03AM
excellent. fabulous. What a nice idea to cheer up the waiting room! I hope the staff made you a cuppa. tell us all about it! sounds great. well done enjoy your well deserved high!! x
April 03, 2009 06:26AM
great job, Barb!! How about a photo?
April 03, 2009 09:02AM
I'm proud of you too, Barb!
April 03, 2009 01:18PM
GO BARBIE

GO BARBIE

GO BARBIE
April 03, 2009 02:22PM
Yey!!Good job

Looking forward to seeing a pic smiling smiley

Welldone x
April 03, 2009 02:27PM
Barb, that is absolutely fantastic! Good for you! I know they must all be thrilled with your quilt and just think of all the people who will smile when they look at it.

Patty
April 03, 2009 02:30PM
Awe, thank you So much, everyone! Susan, i love the dancing sunflowers, you are so funny lol lol Yup, photos coming tonight smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2009 02:31PM by Barb.
db
April 03, 2009 03:36PM
thumbs up smiley I am so happy for your achievement . It is very inspiring . db
April 04, 2009 04:15AM
When we went into the hd clinic, there was a man there, another patient. I have always been quite paranoid about running into hd patients, scared of seeing what hd looks like. I've only seen a couple of hd patients, and it has really freaked me out each time. I'm not saying someone with hd looks freaky, i'm not saying that at all. I think if i didn't have hd, i would not be scared to see it, but it's because i do have it, i'm always terrified to see my future. I just realized something though, and this is huge for me. I just realized, that seeing the man with hd at the clinic the other day, for the first time did not freak me at all, in fact, we were even smiling and talking and joking around, he was such a nice man. And we had fun, me and him were teasing Dr G, asking where he got his tan from, cus we knew for sure it wouldn't have been from here smiling smiley
April 04, 2009 08:48AM
What an all around GREAT experience this was for you then Barb, not only did you get such great praise, AND a thrill yourself for making so many people happy, but you were able to address your fear of meeting another Phd and had FUN!! That is just AWESOME!....WOW! I'm so very happy for your day yesterday~! I'm looking forward to seeing the picture! YOU GO GIRL! love, Pat
April 04, 2009 10:31AM
Your fear was also on House. 13 felt the same way.
It is important to know that not every one gets as bad. At the ?Buffalo conf last year I could divide the PHDs in half. Those who sat at the table looking down and those who looked around and talked and were stimulating. Those who were the social butterflies like me were the smokers. Smoking is a social exercise. We go outside and talk and thus keep up talking because it is more fun. The PHDs looking down are limiting their stimulus because it is easier. Pat in my support group had a hat which did the same thing. Pat's hat drove her family up the wall. I made a point of talking to every one which surprised some of them. They still had basic communication;, and can partake in hi how are you but nobody bothers so they will deteriorate faster.
Once you start limiting your environment you might as well go for the walk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2009 10:33AM by dustyblues.
dcb
April 04, 2009 11:07AM
Good For you!!!!

Do we get to see a Pic of it??????????

DCB
*Living for today*
April 04, 2009 11:30AM
Way to go Barb!

Jemi
RAY
April 08, 2009 06:43AM
Thats awsome Barb way to go looking forward to seeing your pic of it congulations
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login