Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My new website

Posted by just1moreperson 
My new website
March 24, 2009 12:25PM
Have a read folks, let me know what you think.

[hdawareness.webs.com]

[www.hdyo.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 12:26PM by just1moreperson.
Re: My new website
March 24, 2009 04:49PM
Oh Matt, your web-site is awesome!!! I knew you were working on getting it up and running, good for you smiling smiley And you got your number in the London Marathon! I forget, how many miles is the London Marathon? And cool, you even have yur training log on your site, very very cool! And uhmmm, you're doing 6 marathons this year, very very proud of you, way to go!!! Go Matty go!!! smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley
March 24, 2009 05:09PM
Excellent site Matt!
March 24, 2009 05:50PM
There all 26.2 miles Barb smiling smiley

[www.hdyo.org]
March 24, 2009 08:10PM
Hey we could do it together Matt, smiling smiley smiling smiley , you could do the 26, and i could do the point 2 smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley Isn't that what friends are for??? smiling smiley
March 24, 2009 08:24PM
You sure you could do the .2 Barb? tongue sticking out smiley

[www.hdyo.org]
rj
March 24, 2009 09:40PM
Your site looks great!!! It's great what your doing for the HD community. Good luck with the marathons!! Wow!! 6!! I've been thinking about running for exercise instead of that darn ole stair-stepper, you have inspired me, maybe I'll start.
March 24, 2009 09:45PM
Hey Matt, you've used first giving before, i'm thinking of setting up some kind of a page maybe in a couple of weeks, and trying to figure some of it out. Was first giving easy to set up? And do they take a fee or anything? I'm almost finished making my hd raffle quilt, getting very excited about it, but havent decided yet how and where i want to post about it. I think with it being a raffle, and people purchasing tickets, that maybe i couldnt use first giving, cus a ticket purchase is not considered a donation i don't think, just wonder if you have any thoughts on it, thanks smiling smiley
March 25, 2009 04:58AM
Thanks RJ smiling smiley

Firstgiving is pretty easy Barb. They will take a small cut out of all your total amount but it's really not anything to worry about, very small amount. Can always message me if you have any issues.

[www.hdyo.org]
March 25, 2009 05:31AM
hmmm, ok thanks Matt, no there wont be any cut coming from my fundraiser. My quilt raffle will not even be done through the Canadian hd society, because i don't want anything to go to their administration fees. Mine is going direct to the Michael Hayden lab, think i will be setting up some kind of bloggy thing will work best then. Thanks Matt
March 25, 2009 05:35AM
Ok well do it all yourself it makes it more difficult as you'd expect. What you doing up anyway, get back to sleep lol

[www.hdyo.org]
March 25, 2009 07:00AM
Matt, The site is Great!
Wow - 6 in one year! I'm tired even thinking about it. Best of luck to you on your runs!
March 25, 2009 08:05AM
Great web. My daughter is also a runner. She qualified for the Boston Marathon this year so she is fast. She runs where ever she lives including S.Korea, Toronto,Thailand.
I got her the peppermint leg spray from the body shop and I buy her running socks too. Nike elite which have a right and left foot.
March 25, 2009 09:04AM
Hey matt i went on your website and its very informative..i have always been interested in biology and stuff and we had to write a paper in 9th grade about a type of genetic disease and i picked HD, and i dont know why but it kinda stuck with me. i know alot about the disease so when i found this forum i understood most of it but ive never gotten the opportunity to talk to someone who has HD or will get it themselves or know someone who has it. Writing and researching this has greatly affected me emotionally and mentally.

im in college now and we have to do a research paper and present it in a technological medium like powerpoint or something and i was wondering if i could use your website as a link in my project and get a real point of view of the severity of this disease and increase awareness about it?
March 25, 2009 09:25AM
and possibly get a new friend in the making? smiling smiley
March 25, 2009 10:31AM
Matt, your website looks great! Very well done! Good luck in your training and on your fundraising.

Patty
March 25, 2009 12:31PM
Thank you folks much appreciated.

Kristie of course you can use it. If you want to use me as a guinea pig as well I'm happy to talk about HD to you. Message me if you like smiling smiley

[www.hdyo.org]
March 25, 2009 01:09PM
I like the website. I especially like your humor in selecting "mysorelegs" as your justgiving account name. You're always good for a laugh Matt. Thanks for all you do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 01:10PM by hoping4acure.
March 25, 2009 02:06PM
For providing marketing services for your Web site I expect an 18.5% cut on all advertising revenue. Just make the check payable to the Huntington's Disease Society of America.

Steve I
Coffee and computer

Nice job with your site. smiling smiley
March 25, 2009 03:09PM
Haha Steve consider it done.

Yes Patty my sore legs...how true though!!! And I haven't even ran one yet...just training tongue sticking out smiley

[www.hdyo.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login