Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Re: Mango

Posted by Mango 
January 17, 2009 01:10AM
At this point I have been drinking a bit of Jack so hope I am coherent. Last night I was able to get my phd a bed in a psych ward at Ucla in co ordination with his doctors at UCla COe. I just cant keep him safe and waiting for the enevitable wasn't the plan though always a possiblility. Oh,my god what next. Your directness and truth is the most valuable contact I have. Not only wonderfully concise but clear and real. Please email me as the ER physician is staying intouch with me and said that he will be calling me Tuesday. Ok course my phd is on his best behaviour. Always the model patient but I know how he thinks every thing through for his own benefit. Its the contuining nightmare. At least I have a few days to get as much excerise and sleep as possible to be present when I need to make this life altering decision. Always an option to give up converservatership and leave it in the systems hands OMG. I am so glad you are working and you sound great. I really am happy for you.
Shy
January 17, 2009 04:24AM
Hi Mango, I'm so glad you have sought some professional help for your PHD and I hope it leads to a more long term solution for you. There will be some transitional teething problems, but I really think you will sleep easier in the long run. Take care, Shy
January 17, 2009 03:22PM
Mango, glad to hear from you. Take care.
January 17, 2009 04:40PM
Good to see you back Mango. Time for brave steps hun. Stay strong.

[www.hdyo.org]
January 17, 2009 07:06PM
Poor Mango.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 07:09PM by Fred.
January 17, 2009 10:04PM
Does anyone else get the feeling that this post was supposed to be a pm or something? It seems that it is directed to someone in particular?
January 17, 2009 10:18PM
It would make sense Tracie looking at it again as it's title is Re: Mango

[www.hdyo.org]
January 17, 2009 11:40PM
I think she copied an email and pasted it here to update us, forgetting that part of it is specific to the person she was writing to.
January 18, 2009 07:58AM
Mango,

I am so glad to hear your post. Sounds like the "break" and "Jack" are a well deserved time-out for you!
Keep posting and I hope this brings a solution for you and your phd.

LizzieAnn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login