Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Attention all Canadians!! This is important!

Posted by Sally 
Attention all Canadians!! This is important!
January 16, 2009 07:40PM
Do you know about the program the Canadian government came out with some time ago called "Registered Disability Savings Plan"? If not and you or a family member has HD, you should look into it.

[www.rdsp.com]

Check out the website. It looks like you need to be disabled in order to receive benefits, but the government will contribute a minimum of $1 per $1 you contribute. It looks awesome!
Shy
Re: Attention all Canadians!! This is important!
January 17, 2009 04:35AM
I'm not a Canadian, but thank you Sally for bringing this to the attention of those that are. Information like this is extremely valuable and often not well advertised.
January 23, 2009 02:26PM
Thanks I will look into it!
January 23, 2009 06:43PM
This program assumes that people with disabilities have spare change to put away. People with disabilities are the poorest around.It would be far better for the government to start helping people with money which so far they don't and have never done so. My son cost me $1.6 million for 17 years. He was only a special tax deduction until he could speak at age 3 and we just had to pay for anything he needed.
I did not get canada pension disability either. You only get if on your second attempt with a lawyer and MS. Thank God I live in Ontario and get ODSP, but I don't have enough money to put away in a saving account.
db
January 30, 2009 07:33AM
Thanks Sally . And Dusty ; I got CPP disability on the first try . Now if I could just get better .Cleanup db
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login