Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Brain banking

Posted by Eric 
Brain banking
January 16, 2009 06:35AM
I just thought I would take a little time to remind people that the Harvard Brain Bank is always accepting contributers. This includes both normal brain tissue as well those who are affected by disease. It does add some additional cost to one's final plans and does need some pre-planning ... mostly paperwork which can be acquired from the brain bank... and those handling the remains for us need to know to expedite the procedure.

There is a two part tour of the brain bank on youtube. Here are the links to the tour.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Brain banking
January 16, 2009 11:18AM
Excellent Eric.
I have been looking at the process in Canada which is free but seems to be set up by province. I'd rather donate my brain to McGill than McMAster because McMaster has not done a thing for me and giving them my brain is probably just throwing it in an expensive cryogenic garbage. On my silliest nights I think they find a cure to HD in my brain if they would look at it
Dusty
Re: Brain banking
January 16, 2009 07:44PM
Dusty, this is what my mother-in-law had arranged for herself and we took advantage of this week. If you contact the Huntington's Society of Canada, they will recommend you call University of BC. They can give you all the contact information. They will be MORE than pleased to accept any donations. UBC took her brain and Dalhousie University wanted everything else.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you want or need more information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login