Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

what are you thankful for?

Posted by hoping4acure 
what are you thankful for?
November 24, 2008 12:00PM
Those of us in the United States will be celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday. This is a day to reflect on what makes you thankful in your life...and also a day to eat much too much turkey, stuffing, mashers and cranberry sauce.

I extend a Happy Thanksgiving to all of my new found friends on HDAC and wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season.

I am thankful for the response among family and friends to support our family after what has been a very tumultuous year. Material things can come and go, but a true friend is worth liquid gold!

Happy Thanksgiving!
PattyThanks!
bj
Re: what are you thankful for?
November 24, 2008 12:10PM
Here's wish everybody a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Be safe and enjoy your day with family and friends.
Happy Thanksgiving Smiley
BJ
jl
November 24, 2008 12:18PM
I too have been fortunate in terms of friends and family. I intend to enjoy the day with the latter.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Happy Thanksgiving Smiley
November 24, 2008 03:17PM
I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who supports the fact that I can love my Phd ex, and understand what I mean when he hears me tell him I love him. I am thankful for my Kids that so far they do not show signs of HD. I am thankful that it is working out with Kim living here with us and she is continuing to be healthy. I am thinkful for my grandson and the joy he brings to us. I'm thankful for my stepson and that he is moving forward going on to AWAY college!!!!!!! I am thankful for my pal Marsha whom has been with me thru every inch of this journey. I'm thankful for both forums that I can post on I need them both. AND my A1C was ONLY 5.5 !! yayayay... anyone else?Happy Thanksgiving Smiley
dcb
November 24, 2008 05:42PM
I am thankful for so many things in my life..My boys {all 3, Hubby included LOL} I cant imagine a day without them in my life. My family who supports me in every way. My friends- I couldnt get through life with out them, they will tell me how it is, they are there to laugh and cry with, and so much more!! For the people I have met here and am able to come to with any situation. For finding Face Book and reconnecting some really old-lost friendships. I shouldnt say this out loud but for a November with out any major issues occuring with Dad {for yrs Nov seems to be when things go bad}. For a doctor who calls in my anti dep meds with out asking to many questions LOL.

Most of all this year I am Thankful I have spent this past year coming to terms with so much. It has taken almost 6 years since hearing of HD but I have found my way back to ME {with help from so many!!} I love being me and I love being a Mom. I have found my place in the HD community both locally and Nationally which has helped me personally to prioritize my life with HD. I still may become a victim of HD but I am not going quietly because I have a full life to live and 2 great kids to raise!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone-----Dont eat to much and if do I hope you have elastic waist pants on and a comfortable couch for the after dinner nap!!!!

DCB
*Living for today*
November 25, 2008 01:22PM
HAPPY THANKGIVING TO ALL!!
November 26, 2008 07:24AM
I am sincerely thankful that I can read these posts and know that someone understands how I feel - that I am not alone. I am thankful for all of you. We are in this together smiling smiley
November 26, 2008 11:33AM
Most of all I am thankful for my family and all the blessings we've had.

Patty

Patty
November 26, 2008 03:57PM
I am very thankful that today we received the news that my daughter will not have to wait for a hearing or see another Dr. for her SSDI - it has been approved! Could not have asked for anthing better - except a cure for HD.
I am thankful.
Priscilla
December 03, 2008 11:51PM
I am thankful for my good health as a caregiver so I can help my spouse with hd and be there for my children in many ways. I am also thankful for all the support systems I have found including this one to give me the knowledge and comfort of others going through stressful and difficult times as I experience. You help me see the cup half full, not half empty as the analogy goes. I scan message board daily now . If I can share with others as well as receive info and humor from postings you have improved my day. Thank you all on message board and the blessings from religion as my divine intervention.
December 04, 2008 03:27PM
i am thankful for life how ever it may fall

soft smile....Anne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login