Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Snow...

Posted by Sally 
Snow...
November 22, 2008 03:35PM
I can't believe last week it was 70 degrees and now we have almost 2 feet of snow! Does anyone want to come help shovel?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 03:35PM by Sally.
jl
Re: Snow...
November 22, 2008 03:54PM
Wow! We've had kind of up-and-down weather, Sally - but no snow, yet.

I regret to say that my back does not permit me to shovel snow. hot smiley

Maybe you could form a few snowballs and throw them my way.

Gently, of course! Snowglobe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 03:55PM by jl.
bj
November 22, 2008 04:17PM
Sally Where are you from? would come and help but sure it's coming my waywinking smiley
dcb
November 22, 2008 05:30PM
i can not believe winter is actually so close!!! The boys built a "little" snow man last weekend.......here comes Hybernation for Me!!

DCB
*Living for today*
dcb
November 22, 2008 05:30PM
oops double post

DCB
*Living for today*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 05:31PM by dcb.
November 22, 2008 05:34PM
Oooooh, SNOW is such a bad word!!!!!!! lol lol lol
Shy
November 22, 2008 06:57PM
We're sweltering here in Australia! I'll come and help shovel the snow if you pay for my airfare!!! We have the air conditioner on full blast and looking for a shady swimming place! It's definately a case of the grass is greener on the other side (of the world!) Enjoy the cooler weather and go for a snow ski for me! I love snow skiing!
November 22, 2008 11:08PM
jl
November 22, 2008 11:25PM
Dusty - we seldom have enough snow here to make snow angels!

We are getting some snow up on the mountains, though. Including Timberline Lodge - which is open year-round for skiing and snow sports.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 11:36PM by jl.
November 23, 2008 05:56AM
Ok Shy...stop rubbing in how warm it is there. I would sooner pay for my airfare to come to the warm weather. The grass is greener on the other side....what grass? I can't see it now!

BJ, I'm from Nova Scotia. Where are you from?

JL, my husband taught me how to use the snow blower yesterday (used it twice) because he had to go to work and didn't have time to blow it. I can't imagine having to shovel all that snow!
November 23, 2008 07:12AM
It's been snowing on & off here in Waverly, NY for 3-4 days. Still, we have nothing to show for it, there is no snow on the ground at all. I am anxiously awaiting a real winter storm smiling smiley

Jemi
November 23, 2008 06:58PM
Come a bit north Jemi. It has finally stopped snowing here...at least for the time being. It is now well over 2 feet!
dcb
November 23, 2008 09:33PM
sally Bj and I both are in Michigan USA ---I think she has got a bit more snow than I have though---but according to the weather man, I am about to get hit as well!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT REady...............for Snow...................

DCB
*Living for today*
November 24, 2008 11:06AM
I am up in Ottawa we had a record last year for snow, I PRAY we do not get like we had. I had no more room to put the snow.
bj
November 24, 2008 12:14PM
Deb. after you get hit with the snow it comes my way just hope it goes away before it hit my side of the state
I'm with you soooooooo not ready for old man winterSnowman
dcb
November 24, 2008 05:45PM
BJ did you get hit today?? We actually cancled support group meeting since so many come from a distance!!!

DCB
*Living for today*
November 24, 2008 07:11PM
Mackell, I saw the snow you got last year. My aunt emailed me pictures. It was as high as the roof on her house...a two storey house! I hope we don't get that hear this year.
November 25, 2008 01:21PM
CRIES ITconfused smiley SNOWING AARRGG
November 26, 2008 11:38AM
Snow... I love snow... for the first 15 minutes it falls each year. winking smiley The older I get, the more I can do without snow!

Patty

Patty
jl
November 26, 2008 12:34PM
I love watching snow. I don't like driving in it.

So, my idea of enjoying snow is to watch it from inside - with a nice fire crackling in the fireplace.

Snowglobe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login