Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Question for Steve

Posted by Sally 
Question for Steve
November 06, 2008 05:51AM
My computer crashed....now, somehow, my password for the site has gotten saved. I tried to delete my cookies, but that didn't work. Can you tell me how I can make it so I have to type my password everytime?
Thanks
Re: Question for Steve
November 06, 2008 06:15AM
Did you try clicking on the "Log Out" link listed at the top where it says "GoTo: Forum List * Message List * ..... * Log Out"
November 06, 2008 07:03AM
If that doesn't work i have a program that can delete saved passwords. The problem is it deletes them all. What browser are you using? Internet explorer, firefox, or safari? I am sure there is a way to delete saved passwords individually too.
November 07, 2008 05:21PM
Tried that Steve. Thanks.
Eric, I don't mind deleting my saved passwords. I don't like having them saved anyways...Bring it on!!! smiling smiley
November 07, 2008 10:33PM
The program is called CCleaner. Down load it here: [www.ccleaner.com].

Once you get it downloaded and installed open it, if it doesn't automatically, which I think it will the first time. Hit the button on the left that says "cleaner". it will clean out a bunch of "crap". That's what the "c" in ccleaner stands for. When that is done the next button down says "registry". Click that. It will say something like "scan for issues". Hit that. You will have a lot of issues when it's done. Click "fix all selected issues". it will ask if you are sure... click yes... then will ask if you want to save changes... click yes. It will fix all the issues, clean cookies, history, password, and downloads. I run it about once a week. Probably will speed up your computer some too. The whole process will take 10 mins. Running the program takes about two mins. Oh the download page asks where you want to download from...I use File Hippo. It's the first choice.
November 08, 2008 10:36AM
Eric's approach will certainly do the job.

If you're using IE 7.0 then you can also delete passwords saved by the browser. It's under the option for Delete Browser History. If you logged off then the program clears the saved password cookie for hdac.org. So, I think the correct step would be to clear the browses saved passwords and then immediately log off from HDAC message board. That would likely result in both being cleared at the same time so that one wouldn't have a chance to recreate the other.

Steve
November 08, 2008 12:03PM
yep...I use Firefox and IE too so I do the one step approach. Each browser can clear stuff I just don't know the process for each one. Or which one she's using. Your way is better for that particular problem with that browser.
November 09, 2008 04:58PM
Thanks Steve...I took that route and it worked. Eric, I think I'll save that website for another time, but I will certainly be running it soon!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login