Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My hubby is gone

Posted by marg 
My hubby is gone
October 14, 2008 02:15AM
Hi everyone, my husband Len died last night at home. We followed his wishes completely and he never had a feeding tube or any other heroic measures. He ate his last meal 3 hours before he died and although swallowing was a challenge for him as it has been for quite a while, he was still able to take nourishment right up to the end.

Thank you to everyone who directly or indirectly helped us through this journey. Reading the posts daily with all of you sharing your personal experiences with this disease really helped us get through this journey. A special thanks to Marsha and Steve for making this site available to all of us.

To all of you I wish you love.

Margaret Schroeder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 02:16AM by marg.
jl
Re: My hubby is gone
October 14, 2008 02:21AM
Oh my god, Marg! I'm so sorry!
October 14, 2008 02:25AM
Margaret, I am so very very sorry for you loss, and you have my heart-felt condolences. You and your husband Len have had a huge impact on me, your story of love that you shared with all of us is a tribute to the wonderful love that you and your husband shared. I wish you peace and love Marg, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Rose
October 14, 2008 03:13AM
I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband.
I hope you'll find comfort in the many treasured memories you shared with him.
October 14, 2008 05:15AM
I am very sorry to hear the news. You did a good job.
October 14, 2008 05:56AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Margaret. Your love, understanding and devotion have been an inspiration to me as a caregiver. Maggie
October 14, 2008 06:42AM
Marg, I am so, so sorry for your loss. Len left this world surrounded by your love. You have been an inspiration to all of us.

Hugs,
Marsha
October 14, 2008 08:27AM
Marg, I'm very sorry for your loss. It is hard because you want him to not suffer anymore, and yet you can't imagine life without him and without his love. I've found it very hard. I hope you will find peace soon.
October 14, 2008 08:32AM
Marg I too want to add my condolences to you. I don't know you but often see your picture and know you by that. I am glad he is out of his HD body restraints now but very sad for you and your loss. I hope you have lots of family and friends to help you through this difficult time.

Lots of love

Debbie
October 14, 2008 08:45AM
Marg

I am so sorry for your loss.

Stacy-NJ
October 14, 2008 08:45AM
Marg, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved husband. I know he felt your love surrounding his during his passing. Hopefully good memories of days gone by will help you through this time. Love, Pat
October 14, 2008 08:58AM
Marg, I am so sorry for your loss of your husband.

The good memories will keep the love alive forever.
October 14, 2008 09:03AM
Marg, i will be thinking of you.
October 14, 2008 09:06AM
Hi Marg,

So sorry you've lost your husband. You did him proud.

Tc, Matt.

[www.hdyo.org]
October 14, 2008 09:13AM
I am so sorry for your loss. That is so wonderful that you were able to follow his wishes.

may you find comfort in the days and weeks to come.
bj
October 14, 2008 10:10AM
Marg. So sorry for your loss you and your family are in my prayers
db
October 14, 2008 10:11AM
I am sorry to hear that your dear husband has died . I am glad you have shared so much of your life's story with all of us . You are very kind . To hear that he enjoyed a simple meal not long before he died , seems like such a intimate pleasure he was able to have , and for you to share . With greatest sympathy . db
October 14, 2008 12:41PM
Marg,

I am very sorry for your loss, god speed and will pray for you and your family

rgds,
>>LP
October 14, 2008 02:00PM
MARG,

i'm crying, i know how you loved him, and how he loved you...
all your stories, were of a great love affair, and i admit
to being envious of such a love.

is there any sense in any of this? no...
when one of us loses someone, we all do, such is our family.
you will go on, and it will be so very sad, but we are here
for you when you want to talk.

regards

Rose
October 14, 2008 02:44PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find some peace in the coming days in knowing that Len is now in peace.

Patty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login