Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Barb the Bobblehead - Watch her come to life!

Posted by Patricia 
Barb the Bobblehead - Watch her come to life!
October 10, 2008 05:28PM
I thought some people might enjoy following along with the creation of Barb's bobblehead. Here's the sketch I did. I didn't know what Barb looked like yet but I knew she loves quilting! So I drew up a generic face. The quilt will have one of Barb's quilt designs on it.

My Mom and two good friends are always my second (and third and fourth) set of eyes. Mom said the spool of thread, which was drawn at a curve for the cartoon's sake, looked like an apple core. After taking a second look, she was exactly right! LOL

My friend Randy suggested making the thread bulge and making the needle more realistic. Both great ideas that I hadn't thought of. My friend John photoshopped my original drawing to explain Randy's ideas.

The first drawing is mine, the second John's PS version. I believe I like the second one best.

Patty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2008 05:30PM by Patricia.
Re: Barb the Bobblehead - Watch her come to life!
October 10, 2008 05:32PM
I want Barb to have BIGGER BOOBIES! She's a grandma, I can just picture them snuggling up to her bussom~ lol
dcb
October 10, 2008 06:06PM
Very cool!! You draw so great!! I cant draw a stick figure LOL, but I do have to agree w/Pat, she doesnt look like a Grandma but Barb might like that aspect LOL

DCB
*Living for today*
October 10, 2008 06:11PM
Patty, that looks sooooo cool!!! But dont listent to mrspat lol lol, i may be a grandma lol, but dont have to look like one lol lol lol I will get hubby to take some photos and get them off to you smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2008 06:11PM by Barb.
October 10, 2008 08:32PM
hey, I'm a grandma also, and I LOVE my grandson snuggled up at my bussom, and I don't think either ONE of us actually look like a grandma!
October 11, 2008 02:15AM
Patty, that is sooo cute, i love it!!! smiling smiley Hubby took some photos of me tonight and i got them off to you. When my daughter got home last night, i'm like, i'm gonna be a bobble head, i'm gonna be a bobble head lol lol, and she's just like uhmmm, dad, can you translate?????? And he says, well, yup, she's gonna be a bobble head!!! LOL LOL
db
October 11, 2008 05:57PM
winking smileycute cute cute
October 11, 2008 06:26PM
It's sooo cute!! Maybe the cloth could be a patchwork quilt look.
Barb, do you sew quilts? Either way, you did a great job on the sketch. You are very talented!
October 12, 2008 10:01AM
second one it better .
October 12, 2008 10:10AM
Thanks everybody! I have to give credit to my friends though, one suggested the changes and the other one photoshopped my drawing up to make the changes. Good to have pals like that around! LOL I've sculpted for many, many years but I'm a beginner cartoonist. I'm finding it a lot of fun and wish I had tried it years earlier!

I'm just about done with the website. Hubby went out of town this weekend so I've been spending my day and nights getting it done. The last section will be finished shortly and then I get to start on Barb! BTW, Barb gets to pick which boobies she wants! LOL

Patty
October 12, 2008 05:24PM
Guess what i'm doing Patty, trying to finish my quilt today, so i can get a photo to you later, that will be so cool that you can put my quilt on the bobble...you are sooooo talented! This is fun! smiling smiley
October 13, 2008 12:09AM
I sure wish I could sew Barb! I told you about my Great Aunt, whenever I visited, we would have a sewing project. But without her, I was lost! My lucky sister got the sewing gene! LOL

Patty
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login