Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Any of the new people from the Northwest US or Canada?

Posted by TracieT 
Any of the new people from the Northwest US or Canada?
October 10, 2008 12:02PM
Just curious. I used to have a pretty good head count of who was in my time zone. But with so many new people I have lost count. green tea smiley
jl
Re: Any of the new people from the Northwest US or Canada?
October 10, 2008 09:10PM
Me and Barb, of course.

How about Califorians? They are in the Pacific Time Zone - but not in the Pacific NorthWest........
October 11, 2008 02:26PM
I am from spokane washington..anyone else in this area?
October 12, 2008 09:03AM
I am from OTtawa, Ontarino Canada!
October 12, 2008 09:12PM
Mackell, I'm from Nova Scotia.
October 13, 2008 02:55PM
Debbie,

I am also in Spokane!

Kevin
bj
October 13, 2008 05:12PM
Debbie and Kevin---I'm not from Spokane but have relatives in your beautiful city. It's been a while since I visited out there. always enjoyed going out there and seeing the mts.
October 13, 2008 07:53PM
I private messaged debbye when this thread began that my family was also from Spokane. That's neat.

And I have to add my plug, I am always looking for family from the area... my mother's maiden name was Thomas... if anyone comes across anyone with the ties in the hd community I would sure like to know.

Thanks!

ps. I was beautiful here in Portland today. Not perfect but I love it in the fall when the sun bounces off the clouds. Was it as pretty everywhere else in the Northwest?
October 14, 2008 12:20PM
Tracie,

The weather here is usually pretty good. Spokane has a very mild climate compared to the West side of the state and the Rockies to the East. We get four distinct seasons and they are all pretty mild. That's one of the reasons I like it here. The weather here lately has been definately fall, very pretty at times, windy and grey others. We are getting ready for winter though, I drained my hot tub last night. Anyway, talk to you later.

Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 12:24PM by SpokaneHD.
jl
October 14, 2008 06:43PM
Kevin - that also describes the west side of the cascades..

Very moderate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 06I miss youPM by jl.
October 15, 2008 01:17AM
JL, I think he said that the seasons were moderate. LOL And that they had all FOUR. LOL I grew up on the east side of Washington state so I am sure he did not mean as moderate as what we see here...

Our TWO seasons are definately VERY moderate. Rain and Shine!

I do have to say the fall is my favorite season here in Oregon. All the beautiful trees turning colors and the fast moving clouds have been pretty too.

JL did you see the full moon? My daughter took pictures, it was beautiful.
October 15, 2008 02:41PM
Hi whilst me and Mike are English. My Aunt and Uncle and their family are very much Canadian and live just outside of Vancouver. We are hoping to visit them early next year

Bec
jl
October 15, 2008 03:10PM
Tracie said: "Our TWO seasons are definately VERY moderate. Rain and Shine!

I do have to say the fall is my favorite season here in Oregon. All the beautiful trees turning colors and the fast moving clouds have been pretty too. "

Tracie - you just disproved the "two season" theory! For sure, in this part of the country, there is unpredictable rain for 8-9 months out of the year. Not constant. Just unpredictable.

Without that, would not have the lush rivers and forests and forests and and farms and nurseries that we have.

And of course, our summers are dry - but our water supplies are fed by snow-melt from the nearby mountains.

But, Tracie - you mention your love of autumn in Oregon. I love both fall and spring.

Fall because we have such a marvelous variety of trees. Evergreen. Deciduous. Dark green and bright colors all intermixed. GLORIUS! I'm enjoying the beginnings of the "change of colors" from my home-office windows, right now!

I equally enjoy spring. Flowers bursting out all over the place! Spellbinding!

I have to respectfully disagee that NW Oregon only has two seasons. That would be to deny what I consider to be the most glorious seasons of the year. The "changing" seasons.

hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2008 03:13PM by jl.
October 15, 2008 05:40PM
It's a running joke between my hubby and I, I always say there is two seasons! LOL "Spring/Fall" and "Summer".

You are, of course, right. There is four seasons. They are just much different than what I am used to.

Even though today was kind of "misty" looking, I was nice too, wasn't it?
October 16, 2008 06:39PM
JL...we have two seasons here in Nova Scotia. Winter and road repair!
October 16, 2008 09:27PM
I am from Olympia, WA!!
October 16, 2008 09:34PM
Hey Olympia! You're right up the road!
jl
October 16, 2008 09:50PM
Good one, Sally!
October 19, 2008 09:07PM
Tracie

I am not sure if you're looking for a support group or anything, but we have one the first Monday of every month from 5:30-7pm at Providence St. Peters Hospital. Let me know if you have any questions!
jl
October 20, 2008 02:44AM
There's also a support group in Portland. Very nice people.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login