Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Need some Advise

Posted by congoman 
Need some Advise
September 27, 2008 08:50AM
I have a girl friend who found out the first part of june she has Hd. I know it has been very tough on her and i want to be there for her the only problem I am having is we used to see each other all the time and we used to talk.and now we barely see each or talk she has a family and she started a new job which makes her shifts even harder for us to see each other or even talk.it has been almost 2 weeks and we haven't even spent any time together alone. and now she is complaining that she cant make us all happy. and wishes we would just understand and let her be happy. And leave her alone. but then at the same time gets mad if we arent there for her when she needs us she just keps telling me why cant you be happy seeing me when ever she feels like it. how do you guys make a relationship work. because the only time we see each other is when she wants to not when i want to. if I bring it up it starts a fight and I am always in the wrong to her.Any help would be helpful.
Thanks Mike
Re: Need some Advise
September 27, 2008 09:17AM
Hi Mike
Maybe you should take some time and read this site, find out all you can about HD and talk to the folks here who live with it 24/7, it might help you to understand your friends outlook a little better.

Best To You Both

Ron C.
Re: Need some Advise
September 27, 2008 01:20PM
Hi Mike,

I too found out I had HD at the start of June. I left my girlfriend while the testing process was taking place because she simply didn't understand, granted she was as thick as a plank.

This summer has been tough for me, socially I haven't really wanted to go out and meet people. This may not be how your girlfriend is feeling. But I hope it makes you understand a little more. It can take alot of time to get back on your feet. You may also find that her attitude towards things will change now she knows she has HD. This will effect her quite alot.

Hope that helps.

Matt.

[www.hdyo.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login