Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Sooo.....anyone like to exercise? bug bug pester wink smiling smiley

Posted by Barb 
Sooo.....anyone like to exercise? bug bug pester wink smiling smiley
September 16, 2008 11:48PM
hmmm.....gee i wonder smiling smiley What do people here like to do for exercise? I know Dusty likes the pool, Will likes to run, i like walking...when it's not raining lol, what do others like doing?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 12:35AM by Barb.
Re: Sooo.....anyone like to exercise? bug bug pester wink smiling smiley
September 17, 2008 07:37AM
He's still in the workforce and does manual labor, so getting him to do any physical exercise outside of work would be pushing it as he gets tired with working. LizzieAnn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2011 02:36PM by LizzieAnn.
September 17, 2008 07:45AM
I have a home gym, an elliptical trainer, free weights, and all of the Richard Simmons "Sweating to the Oldies" tapes. And one of these days I am going to start up using them again Exercise is good
September 17, 2008 07:55AM
I think I still have my Richard Simmons tapes too, but not sure I have a VCR to play them. Go for it
September 17, 2008 08:36AM
I like walking. I love to dance. I have taken ballroom dancing and belly dancing - which I hope to continue doing.

I have a gym at my work and take some of the classes as well.

Stacy-NJ
September 17, 2008 03:41PM
Hello smiling smiley
I hate to exercise only when I know I'm exercising (like running on a treadmill, etc.)

Recently, I have been using the eliptical machine, riding my bike, playing sports, and walking outdoors.
September 17, 2008 05:51PM
Oooh, the horse riding sounds nice and relaxing! And belly dancing, hmm, now that is awesome! Don't think i could do that lol lol
jl
September 17, 2008 05:54PM
I like lifting.

A glass of wine. Enjoying a glass of wine
September 17, 2008 09:16PM
Sorta like JL I alternate between lifting a glass of wine and coffee. Right hand wine - left hand coffee and then a few neck exercises.

SteveI
Coffee and computer Enjoying a glass of wine Bumping my head against a brick wall
jl
September 17, 2008 10:03PM
Steve is my kinda sportsman!

I truly admire his ingenuity in figuring out how to exercise 3 parts of the anatomy at the same time. Pure genius.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 10:10PM by jl.
MRO
September 17, 2008 10:08PM
Barb I just started a pillates/yoga class. Surprising it is great! I feel so good afterwards. I took bellydancing last year, it is pretty de-motivating not to be able to get your coin skirt to jingle or compare your jingle to others smiling smiley. Amazing how much work it is.
September 17, 2008 10:10PM
Coin skirt to jingle...hmmm, for sure me and belling dancing won't work out then!!! lol Dont think mine would jingle either lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 10:11PM by Barb.
September 18, 2008 03:10PM
Definately running. It's just been WAY to hot in southern California to do it!
But come winter, i'll definately be working my way up again. :]
Other than that I like swimming, but our pool has been drained for years.. so none of that for the time being lol.
dcb
September 18, 2008 07:52PM
wow, MRO you never cease to suprise me LOL, and I am very similar to JL and Steve--mine is Beer in Right, Wine in left and a diet coke chaser in the morning.....but every day I get a min of 2 hours outside activity with the boys...we play football, badmitton, baseball, basketball, bike, walk and in the winter it is sledding, skating, snowboarding,etc etc and I am fully envolved in these w/them {thank god I have young kids or I would have the beer gut from H#%*}.
People who have the discipline to exercise regulary just amaze me, I have tried pillates, yogo, arobics, etc I just dont have the stick to itness???

DCB
*Living for today*
jl
September 18, 2008 08:55PM
Damn, I hate it when a long post disappears..........
jl
September 18, 2008 09:07PM
I've actually used to be active all of my life (in addition to, but not in lieu of the arm-exercises).

I used to hike and camp and explore waterfalls.

Ride and train horses.

But I have to admit that I've never been such a disciniplinarian that I've applied myself to exercise that I find boring. Such as jogging. And working out on exercise equipment.

But due to balance issues (which will only get worse, not better) - and due to fracturing my ankle (which seems to have left me with a permanent and pronounced limp) - about the only thing I used to enjoy that I have hopes to continue to enjoy, is deep-sea fishing. On a big ol'boat.

I'm hoping to get some safe and gentle and gradual exercise, here at my new apartment complex.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2008 10:58PM by jl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login