Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Questions

Posted by franj 
Questions
September 13, 2008 05:34PM
Is anyone having a issue with ringing in their ears....bill is complaining about a ringing in his ear that seems to be getting worse and now is complaining of dizziness....he says the dizziness is because of excedrine he took but I wondered if anyone else has had any problems with these things? any thoughts?
Re: Questions
September 13, 2008 07:50PM
Could be an ear infection and not HD related.
September 13, 2008 09:47PM
I know that if a person is taking too much aspirin can cause ringing in the ears.
September 13, 2008 10:50PM
the asprin thing is interesting He says he is not taking alot but the bottles always seem to to running low.....think it's time to put them away! thanks for the info.
Joe
September 14, 2008 08:18AM
It could be Meniers:

The following symptoms are associated with Meniers Disease:

Vertigo: attacks of spinning sensation that might lead to imbalance, nausea and vomiting.
Hearing Loss: although hearing may return to normal between attacks, there is a substantial hearing loss over time.
Tinnitus: A loud ringing sound in the ear.
A feeling of fullness in the affected ear.
In severe cases the person can suffer from sudden falls

Just a suggestion.
September 14, 2008 09:30AM
Sounds a lot like High Blood Pressure, How often do you check it?. Always Remember, HD is not always the cause of other problems,You can always be affected by everything that affects everyone else in the world.

Ron C.
September 14, 2008 10:21AM
He had physical a year ago but I guess it's time for another one, there are so many possibilities for the symptoms , I guess I just figured that I could eliminate this one first....since its the biggest!

thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login