Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

hello from me, trey gray.

Posted by trey gray 
hello from me, trey gray.
February 15, 2008 01:08PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Trey Gray and I wanted to say hello. I'm very excited to be spreading the word about HD on tour this year. I'm also very flattered to have so much support from everyone. I know we can make a difference in fighting this horrible disease.

This post may be silly I just felt the need to say hello and thank-you. You are all in m prayers...

peace & God bless,
Trey
Re: hello from me, trey gray.
February 15, 2008 01:10PM
Bless You Trey,

you are a legend , we can all join in the fight together.

Thank you for spreading the word all around the world.

Love Amanda in UK
February 15, 2008 01:17PM
trey, it's so nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum! I have to say i'm sorry you're here because of hd, but i was sooo hoping you would post, and feel you could be part of the "family" here if you liked to be. I have to confess, i really didnt know who you are, but watching your video interview, made me both happy and sad...you are so young, that is what made me sad, but you are so full of life, and that's what made me happy. I'm 50 and in the very early stages of hd Trey. For the last year i have been on a med called memantine, it actually stops brain cells from dying. My improvement since starting the memantine has been nothing short of miraculous..sorry, i tell everyone about memantine, just in case they don't know about it. Anyways, very nice to meet you, and please make yourself at home here, your post wasnt silly at all.
February 15, 2008 01:48PM
Hi...it's so nice to see you on here. I noticed the youtube posting about a month ago or so and immediatly told all of my friends and family about it. Just remember when you are playing in Pittsburgh this summer that you will have HD "family" out in the crowd.
February 15, 2008 01:49PM
God bless you for everything that you are doing.
February 15, 2008 02:00PM
Trey,

What a surprise! Many famous people wouldn't take the time to post in a forum for the "common folk". I'll add my thanks for what you're doing.

Will in NC, USA
Country Fan
February 15, 2008 02:22PM
Hi Trey. Welcome.
February 15, 2008 02:52PM
Hi Trey

It is so nice that you have taken the time to post yourself. Welcome to our "family".

I am looking forward to seeing you begin getting the word out about HD. I am glad you have taken a stand.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Stacy-NJ
February 15, 2008 02:56PM
Trey

Nice to meet you, glad you decided to post here, that is cool.
February 15, 2008 03:03PM
Trey,
Thanks so much for posting on the forum. I am inspired seeing you play so well while dealing with HD symptoms. I am a transplant to southern Illinois and I have developed into a country music fan over the past ten years after having grown up in northern Illinois. I realized I am a bonafide southern Illinoisan when I automatically assumed everybody would know Brooks and Dunn! Love the music! I tested positive in 2006 and have been having noticeable symptoms since at least 2004.

HDSA has run HD awareness ads in publications including
any Time, Inc. publications such magazines as: People, Sports Illustrated,Time, Entertainment Weekly, Fortune, Money, In Style, Teen People, Business, Southern Living, Southern Accents, Popular Science, Yachting, Motor Boating, Business, Field & Stream, Golf Magazine, and TV Time to name a few!

You can see an ad used in 2003 at
[huntingtondisease.tripod.com].

Why not have Trey in this kind of ad in a national magazine?

What do you think?

Margie
February 15, 2008 03:34PM
Trey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post! and welcome to the "family." Again, I am sorry that it under these circumstances. I am so thankful that you have chosen to spread the word about HD and be a voice for so many of us.

Please know that we are here to support you and we will be cheering for you, more and louder than ever before!!!

p.s. i have been a fan of yours and your band for years, but now there is a more special meaning!!

please take care and speak LOUDLY for all of us!!!
February 15, 2008 06:13PM
Hi Trey-
You are quite the drummer!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for spreading the word about HD into the public. It always seems an illness gets much more notoriety and support when it is publicized by someone in show business and especially if that same person is affected. Although I would never wish this illness on you I appreciate so much the fact that you are speaking about it.

I have read for several years how there are only 30,000 affected by this illness. I get so upset with this figure as that figure has remained the same for years and there are so many many more out there than this small number tells. So many are misdiagnosed, do not want to tell anyone due to the insurance and job ramifications, etc.. In the small town I live in I know of 15 or so people in different families affected and we are talking a town of 40,000.

Anyway, when listening to Brooks and Dunn we will all have a special fondness for the drummer!!

Thanks for all you have done and all the you will do.
Sharon
February 15, 2008 06:31PM
Welcome Trey!

Thank you so much for posting. I am sorry you have this dreadful disease. My husband, Bob, has HD. It is breaking my heart to watch him with this disease. He was such a kind soul that cared for dying patients as a PSW. I have prayed that someone who really is a somebody would come forward who is diagnosed with the disease. You are that special person. You could make such a difference! I actually have emailed Dr. Phil and Robin to please do a segment on HD with you, hopefully as the spokesperson. I believe if you discussed the disease and the song BELIEVE was performed it would make a difference. I know you are a very busy person but we all need you.

Sincerely, Bonnie
February 15, 2008 06:51PM
Hi Trey,

Thanks so much for posting. I am from Australia and I believe you are coming here later this year. My husband was diagnosed in 1999 with HD and is doing quite well. However I lost my 7yr old to JHD in 2001 and now I have a 10yr old with JHD who is doing ok but its heartbreaking to see him decline.

I believe some people from the Association phoned the other day, I am sure they will be in contact with you as we all try to fight this horrid disease.

Keep up the good work, I will go catch up on some of your videos on You Tube.

Debbie
February 15, 2008 08:49PM
Thanks for posting. Like all the others, I'm sorry for the reason that you are here but come on back again soon. I'm a big country music fan. Hope you come near Alabama this year. I'd love to see you play.
I too sent an email to Dr Phil, hoping for a special program on HD. I'm in the middle of the testing process myself. Hoping for good news but who knows. God bless.
February 15, 2008 10:18PM
::3 Hi Trey and welcome, I left a note on you-tube but wanted to welcome you here. Sure wish we could meet a better way, but have to play the hand your dealt, right? I am a big fan of country music, all the bands give so generously to so many charities that just your being yourself is bound to help bring more awareness to this rotten disease. So jump on in we are here for any thoughts you may want to share.Clapping Garbie
February 15, 2008 10:46PM
Trey:

Just the fact that you are still playing the drums while dealing with the symptoms of HD is an inspiration to those with HD and their families. Like others, I have emailed Dr. Phil and if a segment can be done on HD and you are able to participate, that would be great. Any publicity that can educate the public about HD is welcome.

May God bless you in your journey.
February 15, 2008 11:47PM
Trey, welcome to the HDAC/Lighthouse site! Thank you so much for all you are doing to raise awareness. As you can see, you have many fans and admirers here. And people have been brainstorming ideas that you might like - can you tell that there a lot of Dr. Phil fans here?!

But I know I am speaking for the whole community when I say that what we really want you do to is what you're comfortable with and no more. We recognize that you have responsibilities to work, family, friends and to yourself, as we all do.

Anyway, I'm delighted you posted and hope we can be a support for you, too!
February 15, 2008 11:57PM
Good Luck on your journey through HD... if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... you are speaking to some of most helpful, thoughtful, and relentless people I know.
MRO
February 16, 2008 07:32AM
Sorry you have to be here at all but Thanks for posting and helping to make HD more well known!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login