Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Creatine and Soy Milk

Posted by Heathermo 
Creatine and Soy Milk
February 05, 2008 03:13PM
Hello again forum!
I have had a hard time getting the Neotine creatine to dissolve in water.
I just seems like it never dissolves.
So i started adding it to warm soy milk and it works great!
Now i am concerned about the efficacy - i vaguely remember a discussion about taking Creatine with different juices.
Does anyone know about this?
Thanks!
Heather
Re: Creatine and Soy Milk
February 05, 2008 03:34PM
This has been gnawing at me. I do not let my creatine dissolve I just put it in small amount of water and slam it down. How important is dissolving it? When I took pills I assumed that they had powder in them and sat in my stomach also.
February 05, 2008 03:40PM
Well i use the micronized type, which disolves much better. It still leaves the water cloudy, but it doesnt sink to the bottom like sand, like the non micronized does. I've heard the micronized, because it disolves better, is more available for your body too.
Heather, i've just heard that it's tart fruit juice that makes the creatine not work as good, creatine likes a more neutral environment (maybe someone will correct me if i'm wrong) Also seen that it actually works better if its in a liquid that is not ice ice cold, so i would think your slightly warm soy milk would be great.
February 05, 2008 04:26PM
I'm no expert, but I would guess that it doesn't matter as long as it gets to your stomach. I take my Neotine in about 5 ounces of water in several gulps. If you swirl it before each gulp it goes down easily.

Will
February 05, 2008 11:42PM
I blend my neotine in a small smoothie with blueberries and walnuts for breakfast. Works well and you don't have the gritty taste. i aslo do the swirl in about 8oz of water with 2 teaspoons of trehlose when I don't have time to make the smoothie. What ever works and the important thing is that your ingesting it.
rgds, LP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login