Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

My dear friend, Shirley Lacombe...to all Canadian readers

Posted by Barb 
My dear friend, Shirley Lacombe...to all Canadian readers
January 21, 2008 09:53PM
A dear lady friend of ours is in hospital, and we urgently need to find her only daughter, who lives somewhere in Canada. Could Canadian readers please copy and paste the following email and send it out to everyone you know in Canada? Thank you so much:

Urgently looking for Shirley Lacombe's daughter:

This is an urgent request to everyone i know, about our dear friend Shirley Lacombe. Everyone in our town of Mission BC knows and loves Shirley, she pretty much lives at Tim Hortons, and is very dear.

On Friday the 18th, Shirley had a heart attack outside of Tim Hortons, and is now in a coma, and being kept on life support. It is very very important, that her only daughter be found. The hospital is keeping her on life support, unsure of what to do until her family are found.

We believe her daughter may be in the Vancouver area, or possibly in Ontario. Her daughters name may possibly be Tracy, but we don't know that for sure. Also, her last name is probably not in her maiden name of Lacombe. Even if you don't know Shirley or her daughter, could everyone I am sending this out to, please, forward this to everyone you know that lives in Canada...I am sure this will reach her daughter that way, and this needs to be done very quickly.

If this reaches her daughter, or if anyone has any information, please call me, Barb, at 604 826-0688 or email me at barbmarshall40@hotmail.com

Please pray for Shirley, for comfort and peace for her, and that her daughter will be found. Shirley is a very very dear woman, and we all love her.
Re: My dear friend, Shirley Lacombe...to all Canadian readers
January 22, 2008 04:50AM
I'm pretty sad for our friend Shirley. I've been pretty sad all weekend thinking out her, and about her being in the hospital, and having no family. I just don't think anyone should have to die alone, you know?
January 22, 2008 06:23AM
Oh my gosh, what a horrible horrible story. I will *definitely* say a prayer for her and hope that her daughter is found. What a situation......=(

Erin
January 22, 2008 09:08AM
Barb,

Does she have any close friends that might be able to go to her house and check for addresses? How about the police, can they go to her house and get an address?

Try typing the daughter maiden name into google search, people search...You might find and address. The library might have her address also.

If her daughter was married the infor might be in the paper somewhere, call the Newpaper office.. The hospital, might have old medical records with her daughters address especially if she was there for any reason. They usually require , you to tell them who to call in an emergency. I would really contact the police as they would be the best source for finding her daughter.

Best of luck and I am sorry to hear about this.

Edwina
January 22, 2008 12:41PM
yes, i sent the email to our local police, because being a small town, they all know and love shirley too. Shirley never knew her daughters number or where she lived, her daughter only phoned her once in awhile, and when she did phone never gave her a number. My daughter and two girls from tim hortons have the keys to Shirleys place, and they went through any paperwork and mail she had, and didnt find anything. They have been to see Shirley at the hospital, they are quite close to Shirley too. I think a social worker at the hospital is now looking into everything too.
January 22, 2008 02:09PM
Barb,

Have you though about contacting the media - TV in particular? This would be a human interest story for them as well as a public service.

Will
January 22, 2008 05:21PM
Will,

That is an excellent suggestion. I am also wondering what kind of work the daughter does. Perhaps contact through an employer might work. If for example she works as a clerk in a drug store, perhaps an email could go out to all stores.

C
January 22, 2008 09:13PM
I just went on facebook and searched for "Tracy Lacombe" and found a young lady. Maybe 30ish. Blonde hair. Do you think this could be her? I can certainly send her a message if you would like Barb.
January 22, 2008 09:23PM
That would be great sally, yes, maybe just ask her if her moms name is shirley, thank you!
January 22, 2008 09:28PM
Consider it done...I'll let you know how I make out!
January 23, 2008 05:42AM
Just heard back from her this morning. Shirley is not her mom...sorry.
January 23, 2008 02:44PM
Ok, thanks so much Sally
January 24, 2008 01:35PM
Barb, I think contacting a news channel, like Will said would be good. They might be able to find her that way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login