Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Are You OK SteveI ?

Posted by Ron C. 
Are You OK SteveI ?
January 20, 2008 09:19AM
This Maybe should be posted as a PM, But I think all of us need to give this some thought.I am not inferring something derogatory to Steve, I just want everyone here to realise that Steve & Marsha are both Caregivers, They both are really involved as Victims of HD as well as all the extra that they do for us. Soi i ask of Steve & Marsha, let this board be a Shoulder for you also, You Two of all folks in my opinion should look to these folks here for help, as valued members of this Family, Not only as keeper of the Keys.

IMHO

Ron C.
Re: Are You OK SteveI ?
January 20, 2008 10:37AM
This board was here waiting for me in one of my darker hours. I can't thank you two enough.
January 20, 2008 10:46AM
Steve and Marsha:

There are times that "thank you" seems insufficient to express gratitude and this is one of those times. This board is vital to the HD community and we have you to thank.

The fact that you both are caregivers and are still able to "give" even more to people that you do not know but have a kinship with is unbelievable.

Thank you and God Bless.
January 20, 2008 11:05AM
I wholeheartedly agree with this post. With you two, Steve and Marsha, the board would not be here.

That is a very scary thought as there would be no where to get answers to questions on behavior, medications, what can we try, etc. much less an avenue for people who care and understand this illness to get together as a support group and feel comfortable asking or sharing anything.

I can't imagine the amount of time each of you put into the board - we take it for granted many times and should not - as Ron said you have your own battles with this illness with your roles in caregiving as well - and yet you are both always here for all of us.

I want to thank you with all my heart and wish I could do more for you.

I also want to thank all of you who post on this board.

What tremendous people you and how fortunate we are to have you.
January 20, 2008 11:43AM
If we COULD, we'd show you both with COLD HARD CASH.. but since we are all part of HD families.. THATS's not likely to happen.. HOWEVER.. a HUGE warm, fuzzy blanket group hug might show you how we feel about your hard work and, willingness to do the research and answer our questions, and show us compassion. If YOUR family knew how much you help the HD world, they'd be so proud. I consider myself to be part of your family and I sure am. Love to you both!
January 20, 2008 06:43PM
Thanks for the nice thoughts. I'm doing well.

Ron, I'm actually not an active caregiver at the moment. My HD+ ex is at a marvelous care facility in Boulder, CO. The only thing I'm giving care to right now are several Web sites. However, I do agree that HD has taken so many of my wife and my dreams for our future. However, I'm not claiming victim status. They've been replaced by a new set of dreams and a new circle of marvelous friends. I've lost nothing - in fact I've probably gained. However, I can't say the same for Debbie - and that breaks my heart.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login