Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

R N R

Posted by Barb 
R N R
December 15, 2007 12:23AM
Hey everyone, well, guess i'm needing a little r n r, rest and relaxation. Have to just make sure i take it easy, don't do too much, and don't stress for few days. Had to go to the hospital last night, cus the whole right side of my body went numb. Had a mini-stroke two ye4ars ago, that was pretty bad, but this time i knew what it was, and took two aspirin right away, and an extra blood pressure pill. Whe4n i got to the hospital they said taking the aspirin was the best thing i could have done. They kept me overnight and sent me for a cat scan, and it came out good, no permanent damage, just a bit dizzy and weak on my right side. Ever since my other mini-stroke, i've been taking daily aspirin, but when i had surgery 3 weeks ago, they told me to stop the aspirin for awhile, for the surgery, and i just hadn't started taking it again, forgot that i should. So im back on daily aspirin again. Need to take it easy for a few days, then i think i need to start going walking again, should never have stopped doing that. Amazing sometimes we know what's good for us, but just don't do it. Anyways, i'm glad this one wasnt as bad as the one i had two years ago, real glad. The doctor at emergency was such an idiot. He kept telling everyone, you're not going to believe this, i have the most fascinating case here, i have a subject with hd and a stroke! Could have smacked him! lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2007 12:26AM by Barb.
Re: R N R
December 15, 2007 12:40AM
BARB,

girl we all need you here, always fun to read your posts, (and sometimes your funny too) LOL LOL LOL...

So you get yourself right, plenty of 'rest without the stress,' and do all those things you should be doing k?

very happy you are going to be fine, truly !
December 15, 2007 07:52AM
Take it easy Barb.... glad things are under control and you will be getting back to the things that are best for you. Wake calls suck don't they? At least you got a cool nick name out of it... Miss Fascinating! Glad you are ok and talk soon....
December 15, 2007 08:07AM
Hey Barb, glad your ok and there was no damage. That must have been really scary. You take it easy and chill out for a bit.

Takecare

Louise x
December 15, 2007 08:17AM
I'm so glad you didn't have a serious stroke and are doing well, very frightening stuff... kick that Dr in the a** for all of us yahear? Love, Pat
db
December 15, 2007 09:06AM
Dear Barb , You need a cosy blanket ; flannel jammies ; a good book ; funny movies ; floppy socks in bed ; dark chocolate ; chicken soup ; to help you with your R.N.R. All my best . db
December 15, 2007 09:32AM
Barb, I am so glad you are okay. Take it easy and get better. Keep us posted and rest rest rest....
Hugz,
Trish
December 15, 2007 09:56AM
Wow Barb.hot smiley
You seem awfully young to have strokes but I know that they aren't age related but often undiagnosed in women who tend to keep on going.
Take care of yourself.
lots n lots n lots of love
Dusty
smoking smileygreen tea smileygreen tea smileyFingers crossed for youWhistling smileySharing my heartSharing my heartSharing my heart
Fish smileyFish smileyFish smileyFish smileyFish smileyFish smileyFish smileyFish smileyFish smiley
MRO
December 15, 2007 12:56PM
Barb feel better, I would prescribe the same thing as DB! Glad you were smart enough to grab that aspirin. Take care!!!!
December 17, 2007 08:48AM
Barb

I am glad to hear you are all right. Take good care of your self -

Stacy-NJ
December 17, 2007 11:31AM
Barb - You're a tough goat. A small stroke would be no problem for someone who fights HD with your strength and courage.

Get all well.

Will
December 17, 2007 01:38PM
Awe, thanks everyone, and thanks Will. Well Will, my biggest problem is i've become toooo happy smiling smiley and complacent. I havent been fighting hd as hard as i was a couple years ago. So now i'm getting my fight back, i have to. So this is what caused my stroke. I havent been exercising for one thing. I stopped walking a year ago, when winter came, cus i just cant stand walking in the cold and rain and snow. And i just never started again. And my cholesterol is up, so couple months ago my doc tried me on a cholest4erol pill, and i had very bad reaction to it, so couldnt take it. Also, few weeks ago i stopped taking my daily aspirin cus i had to for my surgery, and hadnt started taking it again. So it's a combination of those things, and needing to lose weight. So here is my new daily regimen lol. Back on aspirin. Blood pressure pill has been upped. Doc wants me to take a very high dose of niacin to lower my cholesterol. Have to have high fibre to lower it too. And i dusted off my little stair master machine this morning lol. Sooooo, was only able to do 5 mins on stairmaster, sooooo, i will do 5 mins at a time, several times a day, to equal 30 mins. Then i will up it to 10 mins at a time. Then 15, etc. Bowl of all bran in morning. Now i will make my lovely new milkshake that ill be having each morning in blender. Carrot, apple, banana, half of each. Handful of oats, oatbran, wheatbran, scoop of metamucil, creatine, vit c and d, and scoop of cinamon. Sounds lovely huh, better go make my milkshake smiling smiley
December 17, 2007 01:44PM
I am glad you are feeling better Barb. I hope you will be feeling energised after all that 'stairmaster' walking!
December 17, 2007 01:48PM
Thanks lady, no, i've been very weak and dizzy last few days, but each day a bit better, thanks.
December 17, 2007 02:05PM
hey barb...sorry to hear you have had this scare...it sounds like your fighting back and taking good care of yourself which is good...love you barb...michellexxx
December 17, 2007 03:55PM
I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling great. You have had a big shock. It doesn't suprise me that you are not a 100% yet. Try to take it slowly and not do everything all at once. Especially if you are still feeling weak and dizzy.I hope you start to feel better soon Barb.
dcb
December 17, 2007 09:29PM
Barb, take your r and r but you better be back on your feet soon you are not allowed to just relax for long!!!!!
Just kidding, glad you are ok and hope you are feeling back to your old self soon--relax and you will come out strong again.
Get some rest sweetie--we need ya here---ok, I need ya here LOL {but I am sure everyone feels the same}
talk soon
DCB
December 17, 2007 09:33PM
Starting to miss your happy chatter on here Barb.
Hope you will be well rested & feeling great soon.
December 18, 2007 05:13AM
Hey Barb,

I hope your resting & keeping well & start to feel better very soon.

Thinking of you & sending our love

Julie
December 18, 2007 05:58PM
Reading your post made me remember whenever I had to take John to the emergency, he always got in right away as soon as I said he had HD and the doctors and nurses in the Emergency acted like they never saw anybody with HD. I guess not many do. But he sure got attention because of his disease that's for sure. I guess in a way that was good but for people in the medical profession to look at people with HD like they were under a microscope was not good. John never noticed and I never told him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login