Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

House

Posted by Christine 
House
November 21, 2007 01:26PM
Hey all. Sorry if this was already mentioned, but did anyone watch HOuse last night? There is a doctor who is working for House and she revealed to him that she was at risk for HD! I don't want to give it aways if anyone hasn't seen it, but I thought they did a nice job capturing the devastation of HD and how hard the decision is to test or not. It's good to see it being recognized.
Re: House
November 21, 2007 04:16PM
yes i did see it, it was cool
November 21, 2007 04:33PM
Bummer! I almost always watch this show. Last night, I started watching it and decided it was kind of boring so rolled over and fell asleep.

I saw up to the point that the doctor working for House was having troubles that he noticed and thought "Oh, she's shaky. That could be HD." But then thought "Nah, HD was just on Private Practice. It won't be on another show this soon." Darn it! Guess I'll have to wait for next week's episode and then watch it on the internet (can't see if for 8 days after the show).

Thanks for the info!
November 21, 2007 04:37PM
Actually i didnt see the whole show at all, i just walked into the livingroom and caught the last 5 mins, and there it was, hd
Kev
November 21, 2007 05:21PM
YES! I also saw it and the part I'm most glad about is that she could be a possible regular. I watch the show each week and she's been on for about 2 months, almost since the season premiere. Hopefully, they'll keep her and it'll be a permanent storyline!

Kev-
November 21, 2007 07:57PM
Man I missed it I usually never miss it and I missed it when they talked about HD. Can you let me in on who is at risk on the show? So I can look for them on the next one..
Kev
November 21, 2007 10:57PM
Here is a link to the show's website. On it you can watch the episodes.

[www.fox.com]

The at-risk girl is "Thirteen". That's what House calls her. She's the younger, attractive, brunette.

Kev-

ETA: It won't let me add the entire website link, only the link to FOX TV.
Go to www.fox.com/house

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2007 10:58PM by Kev.
November 21, 2007 11:29PM
The new episode is always repeated the following week on Fridays at 11:00 p.m. on USA. This is at least the third time that House has had HD in its plot. Kind of makes you wonder if someone involved with the show has an HD connection.
November 22, 2007 10:35AM
smoking smileygreen tea smileygreen tea smileyWouldn't we all feel better with "house" on our side. and what a fabulous sub plot for a whole season if 13 doesn't get kicked out for having HD in the family.
The aspect of House which I liked the best was looking for the music when he played and the savant finished his piece from high school. Maybe 13 might be a secret pianist.
Dusty
dcb
November 22, 2007 07:31PM
I just have to say I am so happy to see this hitting prme time more, the more awareness the better the researchers, etc etc etc
November 23, 2007 06:52PM
House was great I am looking forward to how this plays out, I hope they keep her on and many shows reveal answers about HD to much of the US! Let us pray!
Melissa B
November 23, 2007 07:25PM
Let's email House like we have Oprah!
Kev
November 23, 2007 10:26PM
Yes, I agree with the emailing!

Kev-
November 24, 2007 07:32PM
[blogcritics.org]
This is a recap of the episode if you missed it. I hope they continue with that storyline.
November 28, 2007 05:05PM
Looks like 13 is going to be on the show! Yeah!
November 29, 2007 08:33PM
There was a dedication after the show. But I don't recall the name. Watched the show online, but the dedication wasn't there.

I wonder if there is a connection between the HD being introduced as part of the show (as opposed to a diagonis) and the person the show was dedicated to.
November 29, 2007 10:13PM
I googled the name of the lady the show was dedicated to, wondering the same thing. Turns out she was a TV production person who died of ovarian cancer last summer.
December 01, 2007 09:26AM
The only thing that bothered me was she said Huntington's Chorea instead of Disease. Did House say Huntington's Disease? can't remember.
December 02, 2007 01:05AM
No. He just said Huntingtons. I'm watching it from the beginning with a friends dvds. I'm near the end of the first season. Though I watched the most two recent episodes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login