Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Creatine

Posted by Shar 
Creatine
November 18, 2007 03:36PM
For those of you taking the 10 grams of creatine a day - how do you take it? Do you take it in small doses, exercise while taking it, take
it scattered throughout the day, take it with food, take it with juice or water, etc. Also, do you drink one glass of liquid per 5 gr dose, etc.

I ordered and just received the neotine brand of creatine and my husband was asking how everyone is taking it.

Thank you in advance for your information.
Re: Creatine
November 18, 2007 04:30PM
I have wondered this too. I just take 10g in a glass, a bit of water, not too much (Don't want to drink huge amounts) but enough to swallow it all, i then add more water swoosh it around and guzzle? I would love better ways to drink it too. Any ideas?
November 18, 2007 07:55PM
take 5 g, twice a day in a glass of water. i've heard juice is too acidic for the creatine, and makes it less able to absorb into your body. best to take it with water.
November 18, 2007 08:26PM
I take 10g, in the morning. I eat first then drink it with a little water and then drink 12ozs of water afterwards. I know that you can put creatine with grape juice only.. other juices are too acidic and you destroy the creatine. Make sure you drink lots of water with creatine because it can create kidney stones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login