Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

today our results

Posted by charless 
today our results
November 08, 2007 02:14AM
daer friends,

just wanted to let you know that we are leaving to get the results now. our daughters are at school, if they would know what are we going through!!

we are very anxious today, i feel my stomach like it wants to get out and my hands trembling already and still we're not infront of the doctor! so this is nothing.

will let you know soon. pray for us to accept the result either way, it's God's will.

sylvia
Re: today our results
November 08, 2007 02:28AM
Sylvia, will absolutely pray for you and your husband for sure. Be at peace, and know everything will be ok, no matter what the result.
November 08, 2007 05:00AM
I hope the news was good Sylvia.

Steve I
November 08, 2007 05:12AM
We're here and thinking of you and hoping for the best.
November 08, 2007 05:34AM
here i am again. the results are as i thought they would be, 12 and 43. i cried all the way back but my husband was calm, he said he is happier that he knows now. he took tea and two cheese cakes!! and my stomach is in real pain.
November 08, 2007 05:45AM
I am so sorry, Sylvia.
November 08, 2007 08:16AM
I'm sorry, Sylvia.It's hard even when you kind of anticipated it.
November 08, 2007 09:45AM
Sylvia,

My thoughts are with you. Remember that HD is quickly becoming a disease that can be controlled. It's not a death sentence anymore.

Will
November 08, 2007 09:58AM
Sorry to hear the results Sylvia. Hope you bounce back soon from the news.
November 08, 2007 10:32AM
I am so sorry. The first news of HD is the most difficult and it seems almost too much to deal with. It does get easier and it is very possible to enjoy life with joy and laughter regardless of your status. Tony and I laugh every day. I think that is beneficial for both of us. Maggie

Having problems posting. I get doubles. Operator trouble?
November 08, 2007 11:42AM
sylvia,

i am so sorry....that is all i can say right now.
November 08, 2007 11:46AM
Sylvia, I know what you are going through right now and I am so sorry. It will get better with time but it is quite an adjustment. (( hugs )) and prayers too!
JLS
November 08, 2007 12:00PM
Dear Charless,

I read this board all the time, but I rarely post. After reading your message today, I was compelled to send you some encouragement. 4 years ago this month, my husband and I got the same news. He also carries the HD gene. I too, was expecting a positive result. But it's really life changing to know for sure. As time goes on, it will get easier. Everyone here is praying for a cure and better treatment. You never know what might happen! I totally agree with Maggie. It's possible to have HD in your life and still have joy and laughter. I can't believe all the wonderful things that have happened to my family since we got the positive results. I never thought I would have children, and now I have one conceived through PGD. It's really a miracle! Take your time and process this news. I am thinking of you and praying.

Wishing you and your family the very best!
November 08, 2007 01:20PM
Sylvia, i'm so very sorry. I know this is what you were perhaps expecting, but not easy news to hear. Please take care (((hugs)))
November 08, 2007 01:38PM
Sylvia- I remember feeling similarly to what you feel right now...probably hopelessness, uncertainty and even (at least for me)- devastation. It took me awhile and I am still adjusting to a positive gene test (45). It's was life-changing for me at the age of 27, and there isn't any denying that it rocks your sense of reality.

I'm not sure if it's ever an "easy" burden to carry- but 3 years later, I amazed at the amount of peace and fulfillment that I have.

I'm praying the same for you and your family.
Sarah
November 08, 2007 02:17PM
Sylvia:

Gene and I knew he had symptoms but it was still devastating to hear the words "you are positive for HD". We went through a grieving process and then vowed to each other that for as long as we could we would not let HD control our lives. . . we would try to live our lives to the fullest. In our case, once he was diagnosed and began some medications, we had the best 2 years we had had in a long time.

There is HOPE for a cure or for therapeutics to stop the progression of HD. That is what we hold onto.

God Bless You.
November 08, 2007 02:43PM
Sylvia, I am so sorry for your results. I remember that feeling of preparing for the worse...and getting the worse...it is still shocking no matter how you prepare for it. Everyone's situation is different. I hope that you both will talk it out and be a support to each other. That is the key. Working through it together. My thoughts are with you.
Trish
November 08, 2007 05:11PM
Sylvia,

I am so sorry to here the results....I had hoped that you wouldn't have to go throught this! My husband took it very calmly too. It was so hard for me to be strong.....but a year later and we are surviving and you will too. I think you almost need to go through a grieving process. I am here if you need to talk!!! My prayers are with you!
Sandy
Anonymous User
November 08, 2007 05:16PM
For what it's worth - I too have a CAG repeat of 43 - and I'm barely symptomatic at age 59......
November 08, 2007 06:24PM
Sylvia-
I am very sorry for your results, however, as someone prior had said there are
so many medications that can help with HD now and more will be coming.
And remember, you are first and foremost a wonderful person.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login