Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Words of Wisdom

Posted by Will 
Words of Wisdom
October 16, 2007 12:25PM
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY? (written by kids)

You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports,she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.
-- Alan, age 10

No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with.
-- Kristen, age 10

WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?

Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then.
-- Camille, age 10

HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?

You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids.
-- Derrick, age 8

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?

Both don't want any more kids.
-- Lori, age 8

WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?

Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.
-- Lynnette, age 8 (isn't she a treasure)

On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that Usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.
-- Martin, age 10

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?

I'd run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns.
-- Craig, age 9

WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?

When they're rich.
-- Pam, age 7

The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that.
-- Curt, age 7

The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do.
-- Howard, age 8

IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?

It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them.
-- Anita, age 9 (bless you child)

HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED?

There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there?
-- Kelvin, age 8

And the #1 Favorite is........
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?

Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck.
-- Ricky, age 10

Will
Re: Words of Wisdom
October 16, 2007 01:04PM
Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud. That was just too funny. Don't you just love the things kids say!
Anybody got any more?
Anonymous User
October 16, 2007 02:08PM
Kids!

I'm innocent
October 16, 2007 02:12PM
My favourite is from my grandaughter:
She says grandma
yes sweetheart
do you know why we cant see god grandma
i say why sweetheart
she says cus jesus is in my heart grandma
if i take jesus out of my heart to see him
then he wont be in my heart any more!
and i just love jesus so much
i will just have to leave him in my heart
and not be able to see him
Thats why we cant see god grandma! smiling smiley
October 16, 2007 03:46PM
lol. What a sweetie Barb.
October 16, 2007 05:14PM
Barb....that reminds me of my friend's little girl (4yrs) that asked...."If Jesus is in my heart, when I run is he floppin around in there?"
October 16, 2007 05:25PM
Good one! That was so funny Will! My little boy Jack says hilarious things on a daily basis but im way too tired tonight to share!

Louise Good night
October 16, 2007 05:43PM
When my oldest was 8, I was walking her to school one morning when she said "mum, what was school like for you when you was my age?
I thought for a moment & said "well, I suppose it was pretty much the same for me then as it is for you now.
She looked at me & said in all innocence "I can just imagine you sitting there with your gas mask on"

At 23 I Was I made to feel old????
October 16, 2007 07:05PM
Will, Thanks, that was funny.
October 16, 2007 07:24PM
It is so refreshing to see things from a child's perspective. They are so brutally honest! Can't imagine being a teacher those first few years-I am sure they all could write a book!
October 17, 2007 02:30AM
When I went to law school, my youngest, Eric, was 6 years old. We were studying legal ethics in class and discussed a hypothetical situation to analyze the ethical elements of it. Here it is.

Five men were trapped in a mine which had caved in. Word came from the surface that it would take time to get them out and that the oxygen in the cave was only enough for 4 people to survive. The questions of ethics: if one of the men killed himself to save the others, is suicide ethical? And is it ethical for the other 4 to allow it to happen for their own preservation? Is it ethical for 4 of the men to kill one of the group to save the others? If so, which one should be killed?

Man #1 is old. His wife has died and his children live far away and not part of his life. He has no family and is alone. Man #2 is a worthless human with no redeeming traits. Man #3 is very young, has no family or wife and no responsibilities. Man #4 beats his wife and spends all of his money in bars. Man #5 is heavily insured and his family would be cared for better if he died than if he remained alive.

Dinner at my house was a time for discussions and my kids were not allowed to read books or watch television. One night I threw out the hypothetical question for discussion. Tony and big brother, Jason, and I discussed all of the issues and Eric sat quietly listening to us. But we could see his little wheels turning. Finally, I asked his opinion on the ethics question. He paused and then said very seriously, ?I would kill two just to make sure.? Out of the mouth of babes! LOL Maggie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login