Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Proud Of Husband's Achievements

Posted by Debbie 
Proud Of Husband's Achievements
October 15, 2007 11:05PM
I just have to let everyone know that my husband who has had HD since 1997 and now works in a work assisted environment (used to be sheltered workshop) was last night awarded Employee Of The Year, sponsored by Rotary. His story of life before and after HD and the loss of a child and dealing with another child with JHD inspired this award, of course I had to start blubbering when the children were mentioned sad smiley and one of his workmates came and sat with her arm around me. There were many oohs as his story was told and he received a beautiful engraved silver platter. Good job

So it shows that even finding out you have HD doesn't always have to be the end of the world. A positive attitude and refusal to give in to this disease can be productive. I am very proud of him of course, his boss said he was certainly deserving of it. Go for it

So now Rotary here are aware of HD among many others.

Debbie hot smiley
Re: Proud Of Husband's Achievements
October 15, 2007 11:10PM
What wonderful news, Debbie! No wonder you are so proud!!! Please give him my congratulations.

Ooooh, could you write up the story for the website? And do you have a picture?
October 15, 2007 11:34PM
Debbie, that is soooo awesome! Thank you so much for sharing that with us, so very very proud of you and your husband.
October 16, 2007 04:41AM
Congratulations! It is so inspiring to see a person like your husband who lives his life with courage and determination despite having Huntington?s Disease. It is good to see their efforts recognized publicly. Give him a big hug from all of us here. Maggie
October 16, 2007 05:38AM
How wonderful Debbie. You have every reason to be very proud of your husband.
I will look forward to reading your story about it.

Myrna x
October 16, 2007 06:18AM
Debbie, That inspires me and I am so proud of him...love to see a write up on here too!
Anonymous User
October 16, 2007 08:25AM
Debbie! It appears that BOTH you and your husband are infused with an admirable "can do" spirit. Give him my congratulations, as well!

Good job
October 16, 2007 08:47AM
Debbie - that is wonderful news. He should be so proud.

Stacy-NJ
db
October 16, 2007 08:58AM
Thank You for telling us about your very happy life experience . Your husbands inner fortitude must be very strong . How inspirational for myself and others . Thank You. All of my best. db
October 16, 2007 10:16AM
Very good Debbie! HD sure has it's downsides but there are lots of instances where things are are manageable, and in this case far beyond manageable to the point of achievement. He should have been recognized. And you should be too because you are part of his team. Congrats to you both!
October 16, 2007 01:09PM
Wonderful news for your family Deb, Congratulations !!! I'm your cheerleaderSharing my heart Pat
October 16, 2007 07:10PM
Debbie, so glad to hear the good news! congratulations to your husband!
October 16, 2007 07:21PM
Congratulations to you and your husband Debbie. Give him an extra hug
from all of us and you too. Behind every good man is a good woman!!
How proud you must be.
October 18, 2007 01:22AM
DEBBIE,

your husband deserves this recognition, and it is affirmation, that his life has much worth... and he contributes to society.
good for him that his employer, recognized his contributions. everyone has something to offer...

i am proud for both you and him...
October 20, 2007 03:40PM
Debbie, I am so happy for you and for your husband! What a wonderful experience. I am so glad that he has been recognised for his good work and family. Congrats to both of you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login