Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Testing

Posted by charless 
Testing
August 28, 2007 03:28PM
Today my husband now 43,and I went for the test.

The nurse took two small bottles of blood after we talked with the doctor about HD. The doctor wanted to know why we wanted to test. My husband said he does not want to stay living with uncertain, and I wanted him to test because I am 100% sure that he is starting to having small symptoms. I hope I am wrong and he is not positive but the surprise for me is if he gets negative. It will be a miracle.

I cried when he was having his blood taken, because I couldn't believe we were there doing this. I was telling to myself in those two small bottles was our future, our two daughters future. I was really confused thinking biting my nails and praying. I felt that I was in one of my dreams.

But at least the doctor had very comforting words. She told us that if reaserchers are going to find a cure for some diseases, for sure Huntingtons is going to be infront.

The results will be with us within six to eight weeks. I will let you know for sure. You are all my friends through the internet, although you do not know me. Thank you for your support that you give me without knowing!Thanks!

Sylvia
Re: Testing
August 28, 2007 03:48PM
Hang in there Sylvia and hubby. Stay strong. Prayers going up for you. Keep friends nearby to talk to and come here to vent when you can. When I was waiting for my daughter's results I thought I would lose it at times. But there are so many people here with so much compasion and knowledge.
August 28, 2007 04:15PM
Hi Sylvia
we will all keep our fingers crossed for a Negative result, You have taken a very hard step on this road, I just want you to remember those odds are 50-50, and miracles DO Happen.

Ron C.Good luck
August 28, 2007 05:14PM
Best of luck 2 you and your husband, I hope 2 hear of a neg result for him. Will be thinkin of yous, its a tough and scary decision 2 test as I well know, I just hope your husband gets the same outcome as me x
Anonymous User
August 28, 2007 05:34PM
My fingers will be crossed for you.
August 28, 2007 07:52PM
Sylvia:

My prayers are with you...I remember that day all too well...I will keep you in my thoughts...

Kim
August 29, 2007 12:52AM
Sylvia ~
Testing is not the final steps, just the next steps, and either way may these steps set your minds free of this all your at risk uncertainty. Though we will all pray that he has a negative result please note how many wonderful supportive people will be here for you either way. God bless.Tracie
August 29, 2007 01:11PM
Prayers are with you Sylvia.
juliew (at risk)
ML
August 29, 2007 03:48PM
Good afternoon, Sylvia

Although I haven't tested yet, I can understand the thougts you described having as you looked at the two containers of blood. My prayers are with you as well.
August 29, 2007 04:31PM
thank you friends. god bless you all too

sylvia
August 30, 2007 10:06AM
Hey Sylvia!

Long time since i've heard from you!!

My prayers are with you and your husband, you are very strong to go through this. My husband and I have not gathered the strength we need yet. I admire you. Tracie is right, either way, it is not the final step only A step. hang in there and keep us posted!!!

I remember not too long ago, waiting for Lou's results,,,,and it was NEGATIVE!!!
August 30, 2007 10:52AM
Sylvia,
Having gone through the testing process myself I realize how scary it is. God willing the test will be negative.

Teresa
August 30, 2007 12:06PM
sylvia,

My prayers are with you!!!I remember that feeling watching them draw the blood and knowing what the outcome would probably be. There are no words to make it easier.....all I can say is you are not aloneSharing my heart How are the girls? I think of you often!

Sandy
August 30, 2007 02:21PM
Hello Rowan and Sandy. how are you?? I think of both of you very often, i miss you on the board, all of you here are in my prayers.

our daughters still do not know nothing. they are enjoying their summer holidays while me and my husband decided to go for testing. i do not want to ruin our childrens' happiness telling the truth now.

this summer i started doing more exercise,Exercise is good (to loose few kilos) but i found that it has helped me mantally more than i thought. my depression is much better now. i am starting to enjoy doing something for myself again. i want to be strong for my husband and daughters.

best regards
sylvia
August 31, 2007 04:09PM
Sylvia,

I am "At Risk" and at the point of almost certainty that I need to be tested as well. I remember all to well when my father was diagnosed with HD.

I am sending ((((HUGS)))) and prayers your way.

You are in my thoughts as well.

Sincerely,

Rachel
De
September 01, 2007 10:50AM
My prayers are with you and your family during this time
dcb
September 01, 2007 06:25PM
My thoughts are w/you at this time--you have made a tough dicission but as Tracie said, its not the final step but the next step--w/this you will find an answer to the unknown---I hope for you and your family a Neg result, if not and even also if so, there is an extended family here for support and knowledge.
Thinking of you
DCB
September 07, 2007 12:44AM
Hi Sylvia. I will be thinking of you and your family and I know you will find the strength to cope with whatever comes. I am planning to be tested soon also and I too am very anxious. The uncertainty feels very hard sometimes. Look after yourself during this time of waiting. best wishes!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login