Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

getting tested tomorow

Posted by Michelle 
Anonymous User
Re: getting tested tomorow
September 19, 2007 09:03AM
Oh, Michelle - I'm so happy for you and your husband and kids!

Thanks for sharing your results! You've made my day! I'm your cheerleader
September 19, 2007 09:07AM
I think we, as a forum, should celebrate. Michelle and Bo!!!! WOOOHOOO to both of you. I think I'll make a celebratory dinner for the kids tonight. How courageous of both of you to be tested.

I am only 28 and I want to be tested BADLY. I just want to know, you know?? But, our income is very low and every regular doctor I've talked to about it says that I should wait and see if I become symptomatic. My mother was when she was 33. I really don't want to wait that long!!

I am so happy for you both. It's really wonderful. I hope you don't leave us now that you have the good news.

I thought you, Michelle, were getting the results yesterday. I'm in the US so I have no idea what time it is anywhere else except Japan is over 12 hours ahead of us. I was in pins and needles all day until someone said last night it was the wrong time. I'm silly sometimes.

I can't find the emoticons, but I don't think I could find one that expresses my sincerest happiness for you.

WOOO HOOOO. I can't wait to tell my husband.

Melissa
September 19, 2007 09:09AM
Melissa and Michelle and Bo, this calls for more smileys! Let me see if I can find a celebratory one!
Anonymous User
September 19, 2007 09:54AM
To Bo and Michelle.

Enjoying a glass of wine
September 19, 2007 10:25AM
Michelle, What brilliant news!!! I'm your cheerleader How fantastic for you. The wave I'm so delighted for you and your family.Sharing my heart
Thank you for letting us know and giving us something wonderful to smile about today grinning smiley Well done for having the courage to go through the process.
xx Fleur
September 19, 2007 10:48AM
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hot smileyI'm your cheerleaderI'm on cloud 9thumbs up smileySharing my heartTipping my hat to youThe waveGo for itthumbs up
September 19, 2007 01:18PM
Michelle, i am so blown away!!! Absolutely unbelievable! I cannot believe the good news you have received. I am so happy for you, your husband, and your kids! Wow Michelle, so happy! (((hugs)))
September 19, 2007 01:23PM
WOW, michelle, what a good news! Very, very happy for you. the best day of your life for sure. you deserve it. i remember very well the day of louise too. very happy for you dear.

sylvia
September 19, 2007 03:59PM
September 19, 2007 04:00PM
Michelle,

After reading this I had actual tears of happiness for you. It is nice to read such news, as too often the news is the other way it seems.

You are such a blessing on this board. Your posts have helped me more than you will ever realize. I am so happy for you and your husband and kids.
September 19, 2007 04:36PM
Once again Michelle.... The wave Im so so so happy 4 ya all!!!! I'm your cheerleader xx Group hug
dcb
September 19, 2007 09:00PM
that is such great news for you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for yousmileys with beer
keep in touch
DCB
bo
September 19, 2007 09:40PM
Congratulations Michelle!!Reading your post made all my emotions from Friday come back...Heres to you, and your wonderful family...
September 19, 2007 10:22PM
I'm innocent It sounds like you have a guardian angel! Congratulations!!
September 19, 2007 10:38PM
Thankyou so much everyone...you guys are amazing.smileys with beer

I wrote my last testing journal entry on hd australia...and thought i would post it here for you all...fluer im not sure if it helps in anyway...but i guess this is one response to a HD negative result.

ENTRY TWELVE:...lucky lastwinking smiley...a negative result

well i thought i would try and put together one last entry to this journal...to see if i can finish it off somehow...
i have now been not at risk for 24 hours!...and its been a rather emotional 24 hours to say the least...

when i was told yesterday by John (social worker) i kinda had a sense about what he was going to tell me...i said to leif the night before at 1am when we were trying to go to sleep...that i dont think i have it...Leif was like gosh michelle dont say that now...lol...but i just wonted to let him know what i was thinking...and well it was right...

I have 2 cags of 17...i couldnt quit believe it and still have a little thought now and again that maybe its wrong...but i know really it is not. When John told me i felt kinda sad and numb...i mean it was the best news i could ever possibly ask for and the fact that my kids will not have to live with hd haunting them is such a huge relief...my reaction wasnt what i expected however...as i certainly wasnt jumping up and down and cheering...it was kinda overwhelming. I felt sad because i just wish so badly that my brothers could have recieved this news. The fact that i have two brothers with this gene and another at risk is just so hard to describe...it breaks my heart.

I also felt a sense of sadness that all those years i have been living with the idea that i have hd and it was never so. All those times i was at parties and spilled a drink...or lost my car in the car park...or forgot to do something...was never hd at all...just me being plain old clumbsy and forgetful. But just the fear that has brought to me over the years is now gone...and that is also overwhelming...and very emotional, as i know my brothers still carry that fear..and my mum lived that reality....and i still carry it for them.

It has been wonderful to share positive news with everyone...I feel so relieved i was able to tell my kids this scenario and bring some hope back to my family that this disease will not take everything from us...

i still feel slighly removed from the celebrations...as although i dont have this gene...i still carry this disease with me...just in a different way now...and i guess that will take some getting used to

I have never lived a life passed 40 in my head....the fact i now have a future longer than 10 years is very strange....however i figure now though i have plenty more years to be active in the HD community and be there for my family on this journey.

So i was going to say THE END...but maybe it should be more like THE BEGINING...of a new chapter...

Love MichelleTipping my hat to you
De
September 19, 2007 11:31PM
Michelle,
I can't imagine what your going through. I'm so happy for your negative result but I feel bad for telling you to celebrate. I've been "At Risk" for 1 1/2 yrs & though I'm much older than you (40), I have been able to relate to your journey, having a mom with HD, 2 at risk sisters & 3 at risk children. I've thought about testing also, but never considered a negative result. I can see how people would have "survivors guilt". It's great that you & your children don't have the gene, but your brothers & mum do . . .so this disease still effects you very much. It's not like you can just close the chapter on HD & walk away. You are such a cute, energetic, young mom with so much in front of you! We need people like you to continue this fight with HD until we win! I continue to pray that God gives you peace with your new found status.
Take Care,
De
September 20, 2007 02:19AM
no no De please dont feel bad...its awesome that everyone is so happy and celebratingGroup hug...i mean my gene positive brothers were so happy and celebrating...and there is nothing better in this world than my kids not having to live this...

its just a bit strange as i guess my hd effected family and friends are all at this celebration too.

You put it into words perfectly in your response...my aunt who doesnt have hd said to me that getting a negative result doesnt really mean we dont have hd...just means we will not develop the disease ourselves...we still live it...and i think you also said that very well...and its helpful as it acknowledges the impact this disease has and still has on our lives

so just for you i will go do some celebrating somehow Enjoying a glass of wine...

thanks Desmiling smiley
Love Michelle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2007 02:20AM by Michelle.
September 20, 2007 03:12AM
What fantastic news, i am so pleased for you. I hope you enjoy ALLsmileys with beerEnjoying a glass of wine your celebrating!
De
September 20, 2007 07:55AM
I jokingly tell my sister if she tests neg & I test pos - she'll have to be my caregiver - I'm not sure which is worse. No matter what, we're all in this together for the long haul.
September 21, 2007 09:40AM
Hi Michelle,

What a great happy ending for your journal!! Very encouraging. I love reading it so much. Thanks for your sharing and big congratulations to you and your family.

Ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login