Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

getting tested tomorow

Posted by Michelle 
Re: getting tested tomorow
September 12, 2007 09:41PM
Hey everyone...only 6 days to go and i get my result...Fingers crossed for you

the last six weeks has gone slow but quickFish smiley...easily but hardExercise is good...and now im looking forward to but dreading getting my result next wed!Enjoying a glass of wine

So as you can see im a nut...lol...but im glad this chapter will finally be over and i will finally know one way or the other if i carry the gene

im sure the next 6 days will be as up and down as the last six weeks...but i figure after a time of adjustment i can finally reclaim my life back!

I will let you all know when i get back and what the result issmiling smiley

Love MichelleTipping my hat to you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2007 09:42PM by Michelle.
September 12, 2007 09:48PM
Whistling smiley The waiting can drive us nuts! We are all rooting for you Michelle
September 13, 2007 05:15AM
Michelle, it's a wonderful thing you are doing; perhaps you can save the home. Trusting you test negative. Bob
K2
September 13, 2007 09:27AM
Will be thinking of you MIchelle x
September 13, 2007 09:33AM
Hi Michelle,

This is Ken from Hong Kong. I just wanted to say hello to you and thank you for sharing with us your impressive story. Like what your kids said, you will be cool. Cheers and good luck!

Ken
ML
September 13, 2007 10:59AM
You are almost there. Good luck!
September 13, 2007 11:45AM
Best of luck Michelle, I`ll have my fingers crossed for you Fingers crossed for you

Good luck xx
September 13, 2007 01:29PM
Best of luck Good luck
September 13, 2007 01:42PM
good luck dear,

husband tested on the 28 th august, two+ weeks ago, i am counting the weeks. I cannot believe we did it, as louise and you said that strange calm feeling. The results after 6 to 8 weeks so you, teej and us, will have the results almost together. I wish we all have good news.

god bless you
sylvia
September 13, 2007 03:22PM
Just keep us updated Michelle!! We are with you 110%
Anonymous User
September 13, 2007 05:23PM
Good luck, Michelle. My heart is with you. Please keep us posted...
September 13, 2007 10:08PM
Thank you so much guys...you bring tears to my eyes that you are all such caring and supportive people

I will let you all know...honestly im kinda scared either way...i have always lived thinking i have the gene...and dont put a lot of thought into the other possibilty....so if i do get a negative i think it will throw me...yet i dont want to spend too much time even thinking thats a possability in case its not...

Gosh i will just be relieved to know!

i have everyone on these forums to thank for helping me to get to this point...without meeting people here and reading each and everyone of your stories I dont think i would have had the courage just yet to do this...so thankyou everyone for putting yourselves out there and sharing with the world your journeys with hd

Love Michelle
September 13, 2007 10:12PM
Have been thinking about you so much Michelle! Very anxious how you make out with this, you seem to have a good head on your shoulders right now, but know that i'm thinking of you. Miss You!!!
September 15, 2007 03:31PM
Thanks Barb...the days cant go by fast enough now...anyone who has ever been through this i admire you alot!!!Tipping my hat to you I washed the windows yesterday to try and pass the time and take my mind of it...so im planning my attack to get through todayFish smiley...might have to think of something a little more exciting than more cleaning! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 15, 2007 04:04PM
Oh Michelle, iv been there and done it... i hated the last few days b4 the results Whistling smiley I hate waiting on anything! Im the kind of person that wanted 2 know it yesterday haha! Hope you know Im thinking of you alot and pray 4 the neg result.

Talk again soon chic! Fingers crossed for you

Louise x
September 16, 2007 07:14AM
Ill be thinking of you this week Michelle.
I can relate to your agitation because for me uncertainty is the worst. But I guess thats what living at risk is all about.
I hope you are doing something you enjoy this weekend...sometimes distraction is just the thing!
x fleur
September 16, 2007 03:57PM
lol...lou i think im a bit like you...i was thinking...hmmm...maybei can ring them and they can tell me now!...lol...but i dont think thats a good idea...so i shall just keep waiting!Whistling smiley

Thanks fleur...i went and spent time with family yesterday so that was a good made the day go quick!

Well...this is it really...tomorow we drive 3 hours to where we are staying and then the next day i will know...

so i shall see you all on the other side!!Tipping my hat to you

Love Michelle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2007 03:58PM by Michelle.
September 16, 2007 04:03PM
Good luck. We will be thinking and praying for you. Maggie
September 16, 2007 04:36PM
Praying for you. We'll all be waiting with baited breath until you come back!!!
September 16, 2007 04:39PM
Michelle - good luck - thinking of and praying for you. Remember that even if results are not what we are hoping for, there is alot to be hopeful about.
Juliew (at risk)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login