Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Single PHDs.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Single PHDs.
July 10, 2007 06:45PM
OK Barb. You can take Richard. Heather and I have to live close by in our hut. So we can sail over and cook fish over the flames and have drinks at your tiki bar.drinking smileycool smiley
July 10, 2007 06:47PM
I wish I was on the Island of Mute Women... ahhhhh dreamy...
July 10, 2007 06:52PM
Eric, we can talk in many different ways!winking smiley JL if they don't please you they will "walk the plank" and be shark bait.
July 10, 2007 07:42PM
I hear ya Marsha...sigh...lol
July 11, 2007 06:01AM
Eric....if you want all the women mute...why be on an island with them at all? I think all the girls would agree with me...one mute woman is worth ten speaking men...LOL
July 11, 2007 07:49AM
..I would agree with that. I think.
July 11, 2007 08:12AM
smiling bouncing smiley Thanks Fred!!
Anonymous User
July 11, 2007 09:16AM
Tee hee!
July 14, 2007 10:56PM
JL,

I want an island with one of those big Sam Walton stores. smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2007 11:01PM by Dave.
July 14, 2007 11:05PM
Oh oh, better run for cover Dave! LOL
Anonymous User
July 14, 2007 11:14PM
Just as long as it's a different island, Dave!

Maybe just off the coast of China......... smiling smiley
Anonymous User
July 14, 2007 11:15PM
On second thought, neither Dave nor Barb get to vote on this issue.

Neither are single............
July 15, 2007 11:11AM
Sorry Barb. I guess I'll have Richard all to myself. I think I might take George Clooney though...or just any guy who gets lost at sea and happens to wash up.

Ahh...those Corona commercials are way cool. I'm floating away...hope my 99 cent float doesn't burst...
Anonymous User
July 15, 2007 05:11PM
Richard AND George Clooney, Marsha??? Aren't YOU the greedy girl!!!

Only if I get both Russell Crowe and Viggo Mortensen. Fair's fair! smiling smiley
July 15, 2007 09:29PM
Those guys are ok, lol can I come to the island too. no wait a minute with my luck I'd end up with Gilligan. lol I'll stay home

God Bless
Pam
July 16, 2007 02:46AM
lol..you guys (or should i say galswinking smiley) are funnygrinning smiley

Jl i think about single phd often, i often wonder how someone manages to live alone with this disease and take care of themselves as well as all the things that life throws at us....you are very inspiring how you manage so well... and stand your ground with whoever and whatever discussion is taking place here on the forum...i think that abilty will serve you wonders in your future...just as it does in the presentsmiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2007 02:53AM by Michelle.
July 16, 2007 04:07PM
I wonder how I'll get along. I have a husband but he is ill so I'm his caretaker, and I have a mom, but she's elderly and I'm her caretaker. I have no children. So who's going to be my caretaker? Oh, well, I have to let the future take care of itself since I'm too poor to get longterm insurance. I have loving friends, though, so maybe they'll help me if they aren't too overcome with HD when they see the later stages in me.
Anonymous User
July 16, 2007 04:24PM
Thanks for the kind words, Michelle.

However, I'm not doing THAT well!

I just got fired. My house is a mess. I'm still recovering from an ankle fracture I suffered due to my balance being compromised by HD.

One thing that I DID was to move to a place that's all on one floor. And near mass transit.

Still, I know that the time will come when I will no longer be able to live alone. Well, I do live with a kitty - but she doesn't do much more than flop on her back and purr all over me! smiling smiley
July 16, 2007 05:06PM
smiling smileywell from where i sit behind my computor jl you are doing THAT wellgrinning smiley i cant see any messy house...what mess??...lol...but i understand that it must be really hard for you to adjust to everything thats happening and the changes with work etc
I guess what i see though is alot of skills that you have which will help you get the care you need when you need it and maybe just help you a bit along the way...but i hear what your saying about how difficult this is and how it will become more difficult with time

Alice, i hope you get some of that care back when you need it!smiling smiley Sounds like you have great friends who will be there...you will have a disease but you will still be you...and your friends will hopefully see that before they see hd

michelle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2007 05:09PM by Michelle.
July 17, 2007 08:21AM
JL,

You will have to contact two agencies. One is the Department of Human services and ask them if there are any services they can provide. But you have to be very specific. These agencied do have information.

The second person I'd talk to if I were you would be your doctor and perhaps the local hospital (discharge planners) and ask them what they know.

But you have to be very very specific in the type of help you are looking for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login