Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Thought this might be on interest....

Posted by Sally 
Thought this might be on interest....
June 28, 2007 10:49AM
I know it is not HD, but the story is interesting. I hope anyone wanting to read it can open the link.

[www.cbc.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2007 10:50AM by Sally.
Re: Thought this might be on interest....
June 28, 2007 01:29PM
I thought it was interesting. It strikes me as another example of the pain brought to others by those who consider the worship human life more important than the act of of human compassion.

IMHO
Steve I
Anonymous User
June 28, 2007 01:52PM
Whoa, STEVE!

I couldn't agree more!
June 28, 2007 03:17PM
I don't like stories like this. They are like press releases on the latest HD cure that don't tell the whole story. Incomplete and one sided. It is just about extremism on both sides. One went to extreme measures to commit suicide with a note of political activism. The other calls for an investigation of wrong doing on the flip side, which will probably go nowhere but loves the press coverage. We are left to decipher a practical middle ground or point to this in favor of what we already believe. I couldn't point to either side as right or wrong. Both are acting abnormally in my view. I don't want to base my views on the abnormal.
June 28, 2007 04:57PM
I cnt see the story coz of my stupid computer! angry smiley could some1 give me a brief summary!!??
db
June 28, 2007 06:33PM
That must have been a hard decision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2007 07:49PM by db.
June 28, 2007 06:41PM
Lou...It is a story about a woman that lives near me in Nova Scotia. She had severe MS and didn't want to suffer any longer. As assisted suicide is illegal here, she went to Zurich to have a doctor assist in her suicide. Then a group called Canada's Euthanasia Prevention Council contacted the local RCMP and reported the incident. They are now investigating whether or not the husband helped her.
June 29, 2007 07:40AM
Steve
Your response is right on target, how very true IMHO.
Ron C.

Eric
Maybe the news coverage was slanted, But the message got across that this was another desperate family crisis, nothing abnormal about that in my opinion.

Ron C.
Anonymous User
July 01, 2007 12:36PM
Eric & Ron,

HD is "extreme". HD is "abnormal".

We don't make the rules, we merely deal with them........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login