Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

surprise birthday party

Posted by dustyblues 
surprise birthday party
June 26, 2007 10:32AM
On sunday, my daughter set up a surprise birthday party for me in the elora gorge with 3 of my 4 kids who bypassed their own dislike to be there for my party. She invited all my old friends. I was spoilt with everything from a chocolate grand piano to a day at a spa, a blue glass vase. a huge gift cetificate for clothing, a gorgeous plant and a set of handwoven placemats.I knew something was up but thought it was a surprise wedding, so got my hair trimmed.
When I arrived I was so surprised that I fell over in my attempts to walk up a slight slope, then my dog wound her leash around my ankles.I took the video but had a wrong button pushed so most of the tape is too bright. The cake was tto die for, a flood of very chocolate cake and very chocolate icing. Jonathan and the girls helped me blow out the 18 candles. As I cut the cake I wished fervently that my house not burn down this year and passed out pieces to the ladies first.
wonderful day, thanks to Tiffany who organized the whole thing from south korea.
smoking smileygreen tea smileygreen tea smiley
Dusty
Re: surprise birthday party
June 26, 2007 11:40AM
Dusty, it sounds like you had a great day. There is always something silly that happens, but that just adds to the memories doesn't it?
June 26, 2007 12:03PM
Dusty, your surprise party sounds like it was absolutely awesome!!! And the chocolate cake sounds like to die for! Wow Dusty, i'm so glad so many showed you how much they love you, and so special your daughter planning all that. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DUSTY!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! hot smiley
June 26, 2007 12:54PM
Happy Birthday Dusty.... and just as I was catching up to ya in age too...
June 26, 2007 01:27PM
Happy Happy Birthday Dusty! I am glad you had such a wonderful party!
Hugz,
Trish
Anonymous User
June 26, 2007 02:44PM
oh, Dusty! Sounds like it went wonderfully!

Sometimes family celebrations can transcend animosities.

Glad yours went well!
June 26, 2007 05:27PM
Happy Birthday!!!! and what a lovely thing to do for you.
June 26, 2007 05:45PM
That is so wonderful. Happy belated birthday to you.
June 26, 2007 06:07PM
Dusty,you must have been thrilled to catch with all your old friends.A little spoiling never hurt anyone, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTY smileys with beerdrinking smiley

God Bless
Pam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login