Posted by Marsha 
My new article
June 22, 2007 04:51PM
I have published an article on Family and Friends. Here it is:
[www.hdac.org]
Re: My new article
June 22, 2007 05:07PM
Marsha,

This article was fascinating!! I was so engrossed in it, I didn't realize it was going to be that long of a read and I missed something with my kids I promised to do...that's okay, I'll do it when I'm done here.

Your article was wonderful, stupendous and TIGGERIFIC even!! What a wonderful way to catergorize people. What I find interesting is that the same 4 categories of people would also apply to someone going through cancer, parkinson's, alsheimer's (I can't spell worth a darn) or any other type of illness/disease that involves caretaking. I applaud your efforts. Since you are the author of the article, I would like your permission to make 1 copy of it and give it to a friend of mine who is going through cancer treatments. I would give you complete credit as well. If not that is fine and I would direct her to the same link.

I appreciate the effort it must have taken to write something like this. It is truly wonderful. Finally I have a way to categorize my sister!! She would be the first group. Thank you thank you.

Melissa
June 22, 2007 05:23PM
Marsha, that was so insightful, caring, an absolutely beautiful article to read, and so very very true. Thank you Marsha.
June 22, 2007 05:36PM
I'm glad you liked the article, Barb and Melissa!

Melissa, feel free to print it out and give it to your friend.
June 22, 2007 09:24PM
Marsha-
What a wealth of information and what insight.

What an absolutely astounding article that I will refer back to many times.

Thank you so very very much for the beautiful, truthful article I am grateful for!

Sharon
Anonymous User
June 22, 2007 10:05PM
Wow, Marsha! Blew me away once again!

You are SO right about the different levels of support. All too often, it's not at all what you expected.

You get less support from some. More support from others.

HD - like divorce - tends to separate the wheat from the chaff! Those who come forward in difficult times - from those who merely talk.

I'm perfectly willing and able to understand why people DON'T come forward. But I agree that people can't afford to waste too much time on them.

Excellent article!
June 23, 2007 06:34AM
Marsha, Thank you for that article. I think you have a true gift for insight. I enjoyed it and learned from it. Excellent!
Trish
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login