Huntington Disease Lighthouse Families

For HD families ... by HD families

Bennies!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Bennies!!!!!!!
June 22, 2007 04:25PM
Hooray, hooray, hooray!

I've been busy sending forms. And sending more forms.

Finally got some responses that my applications were being processed.

I was in a dither. No income. What if I'm denied? All that!

Finally today, I got notice from Standard that my STD claim had been approved - and my LTD claim was being processed.

AND A CHECK!!!!! For the 5 weeks and 2 days going back to my STD eligibility date!

I'm going to photocopy it and frame it! No living out of a grocery cart!
Re: Bennies!!!!!!!
June 22, 2007 04:27PM
Ooooooooh wow jl!!!!!! I couldn't be happier for you!!!! That is SUCH good new for sure!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad.....smile

hot smiley YEAHHHHH hot smiley YEAHHHHH hot smiley YEAHHHHH hot smiley YEAHHHHH hot smiley YEAHHHHH

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2007 04:30PM by Barb.
June 22, 2007 04:35PM
UUUHHHH......jl, I uh was wondering...uh, could you spare a few bucks? HHHHOOOOORRRAAY! We can give the care package to someone else now! Soooo happy for you girl!thumbs up smiley Now can we go on vacation? I have my swim suit on already.cool smileysmileys with beerdrinking smiley
June 22, 2007 04:36PM
forgot one...smoking smiley
June 22, 2007 06:07PM
I am so happy for you!
June 22, 2007 07:59PM
I am so very happy for you JL!!!!!
June 22, 2007 09:01PM
I raise a toast to JL's success! She deserves it.

Steve smileys with beer
June 22, 2007 09:07PM
Way to go JL!
Sweet dreams!!
June 22, 2007 09:51PM
Hey JL
If i'm not mistaken if you wait a little time after this first check you may get a bigger one once your LTD is approved. I know i did and it was a fairly good one.

Don't hold me to it though some states do things differently.
But congrats on this new start for you. i know you feel as if the weight of the world has lifted for a time.

Lorettasmileys with beerhot smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs up
Anonymous User
June 22, 2007 10:16PM
That's my understanding, too, Loretta! 66.33% of pre-disability earnings - as opposed to 60%.

They say that they're already evaluating my eligibility for LTD - and since the qualifications are the same - and the disability has not and will not change - I'm confident that the passage from STD to LTD will be a smooth one.

Lord, what a relief! I was worried about the amount of time it might take to get SSD.

I'm so grateful that I took out and maintained STD and LTD policies. They are proving to be life-savers!
June 23, 2007 04:08AM
good for u JL... I'm so happy for u. Maybe you can feel a little less stressed with this knowledge you'll have an income to help you live your life with quality. No SHOPPING CARTS exCEPT to go shopping! YAYAYAYAthumbs up smiley
June 23, 2007 06:11AM
thumbs up smiley Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!
I am so very happy for you JL!
Hugz,
Trish
June 23, 2007 11:47AM
That's great news JL!!! am very happy for you, it must be a tremendous relief and sense of comfort that the STD and LTD are working out for you. Now you can get shop with a custom cart if you desire =)
all the best..
Lp
June 23, 2007 10:57PM
JL,

You are right. Insurance can be a life saver. You made very wise planning decisions, and I am glad for you.

If you can convince others to plan as you did, you will have done a great service to our friends on this forum.

Dave
Anonymous User
June 24, 2007 12:19AM
Thanks guys! You're terrific!
dcb
June 24, 2007 09:23PM
Sooo, happy for you girl, you needed a good break!!!!!!!!!Now your Vaca can begin HAHAHA
June 25, 2007 04:44AM
wow JL...that is just wonderfulgrinning smiley...so good to hear!!! hot smiley
You do deserve the break...and you've worked hard for it!
Excellent news!!! Well done!!!
June 25, 2007 08:16AM
JL, I'm so happy to hear that you were approves AND got a check. Congratualtions on all your hard work!
June 25, 2007 09:11AM
JL, don't you owe me money from something?
June 25, 2007 10:24AM
JL - I am so very relieved for you.

Enjoy!

Stacy-NJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login