Being a Grandma smiling smiley
June 18, 2007 02:21AM
I just love being a Grandma so much, means the world to me, and this is why:

[ca.blog.360.yahoo.com]
Re: Being a Grandma smiling smiley
June 18, 2007 04:58AM
Hi Barb,

Thats was so nice to read.

Your grandaughter is very lucky to have you.

Take care

Love Julie
June 18, 2007 04:42PM
Thanks Julie, I am just glad my hd has improved so much that i am able to be the person I always wanted to be. When my grandaughter was a baby and young toddler, my hd sympotoms were much worse, and i could not be the person I wanted to be for her, so now I am very thankful for this time of wellbeing i am having with my hd, no matter how long or short it lasts, it gives me time to create good memories with Elisa.
June 18, 2007 05:22PM
That is a sweet read Barb.
When my girls were small, I read a sign that was on a caravan. It said...I love my grandchildren so much, I wish I'd had them first. Much as love my daughters...that saying is very apt for me. I have 6 grandchildren & I absolutley adore them. I think it is more special to be a nan than a mum, because you get to have more quality time with them & then you hand them back. Lol
June 18, 2007 05:24PM
Awe, thanks Myrna, lol, and yes, I agree with you 100% Myrna! More quality time, then we get to hand them back lol
June 19, 2007 03:31PM
Oh Barb that was a beautiful story. She is a lucky little girl to have you in her life. smiling smiley Being a Grandma must be very special. The dress is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing!

Stacy
June 19, 2007 04:47PM
Awe, thank you Stacy.....smile
June 20, 2007 07:44PM
That is very special Barb. Grandparents can play such an important role in a grandchild's life too. My grandfather was my best role model and best friend (until I met my husband). Although he is now gone, I cherish the memories and I even have some of his old diaries that he wrote (which I read from time-to-time).

There is a book " Grandfather's Memories to his grandchild" by Thomas Kinkade, which is an excellent way to leave lasting memories for you grandchildren. You fill out the book for them. Perhaps there is a grandmother's one too?
June 20, 2007 10:19PM
I think if my grandfather had left a memory book for me, it would have to have been titled, "memories of a jailhouse bird!" lol lol lol I liked the grandparents on the Waltons the best, yeah i know, corny lol lol, but i loved how all 3 generations lived under one roof. The grandparents were not taken advantage of for babysitting, the parents were in control of the kids, but they all learned sooo much about life and love from the grandparents.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login