Trusting Your Fellow Forum Members

Posted by Ron C. 
Re: Trusting Your Fellow Forum Members
June 19, 2007 04:54PM
Barb...you are a wonderful and kind hearted woman, you have a heart of gold

Louise x
June 19, 2007 05:03PM
Thank you Lou and Jl, but i know i can be nasty sometimes, and have been. Sometimes i get nasty cus i am loyal to my friends, and if i see a friend being hurt it hurts me, very much. And i have said things in the past that i have regretted. I think we all do at times. But i think we all care about each other. I'm thankful for people that care about me, and sorry for those that i have hurt. I consider everyone here my friend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2007 05:06PM by Barb.
June 19, 2007 05:26PM
Maggie
You are a lovely person and have helped so much.You really have turned things around here in my home, I am so grateful for your lovely recipes. Your writing is beautiful and you cheer people up.Please don't be upset or hurt remember you have many people here who care.
Love Amanda
June 19, 2007 07:14PM
I, too, found this site when I was somewhat desperate and in need of answers, understanding, from those in the same boat.
I feel everyone in life, if they would admit it, needs someone and I feel this is a wonderful forum for those with a common thread (hd) to find information, vent or whatever.
I also realize at one time or another people may be hurting and that may be the reason for the way they sound when they post a message. When this happens some are a little more crude and that is possibly because of how they hurt.
Each person feels differently on certain subjects and we all get each other's viewpoint whether we agree or not but this is the way of life and it is a good thing. It doesn't mean we can't be friends or there for each other.
Everyone needs someone, faith, love and hope or there is not much to life,is there?
I have appreciated you all being there for me and I hope to be there for everyone as well - not to judge but just to be there to help in anyway I can and I think we all are.
God Bless you all
June 20, 2007 03:16AM
I feel that I owe everyone an apology. My southern upbringing taught me to take my lumps and not whine about them. When faced with a situation of discord, we all react to the ?fight or flight response? and make a choice. I chose long ago to use the flight response in this situation. I guess we all let our guard down at times and I think I read this thread at a time that was too stressful for me and I reacted with irritation. We all do that, don?t we?

At work we are just now putting a new instrument on the market after two long years of research and development. The tool is a very sophisticated computer system that looks for corrosion in a pipeline (to prevent leaks and horrible explosions). It has been a long development and a lot of soft shoe to keep the budget in the black. I will not tolerate red ink! So now my crew is in Houston ready to put the computerized tool in the rough conditions of the pipeline and we are all anxious and stressed. (Fred, you think video games were tough!!!) The pipeline is only about six miles long, but the conditions are extremely harsh. It will be carrying a liquefied plastic and runs along a railroad right-of-way. If we stick our tool there, we have to go to the railroad commission to get permission to dig it out. Enough about work!!

Nobody said anything in this thread to upset me and I am usually a tough lady. Actually, differences of opinions are a good thing as long as they don?t get reduced to a personal level. They make us think about our own opinions and sometimes we will alter or change completely what we think. All points of view have merit. Everyone is entitled to his opinion and a different opinion than mine would never upset me.

Thank you all for the kind PMs and emails. I am glad to know that my habit of stringing words together has helped some of you. I apologize again, and cross your fingers that we get a good run with our tool and then Maggie will crawl into bed and sleep for a week and become normal again. Maggie
June 20, 2007 04:06AM
Hey Maggie, yeah im sure we all do that at 1 point or another!!

x x
June 20, 2007 05:45AM
Maggie, I seem to do that on a daily basis it seems. I too came to this forum when things became too much and I didn't have a lot of support in my everyday life. Maggie I enjoy your insight to a lot of things and Ron C...when I first came to the forum you were there for me and gave me some great advice. I just want to say thank you...and I am glad you are still here. Take care all,
Trish
June 20, 2007 05:45AM
Oh and p.s.
I love to cook Maggie so feel free to share recipes! LOL
June 20, 2007 11:07AM
Ron,

I for one have always enjoyed reading your threads. I think that we all act or react a certain way to fill a certain need in our own lives. I think you are an important part of this community.....just like everyone else. I think what we all forget is that we are dealing with something sooo difficult that at times people can be abrasive because we just don't know how to deal with the emotional burden dumped on us by HD......Just my thoughts. I love all you guys and sometimes I don't agree with everyone but I like to read other's thoughts and opinions and try to keep an open mind. I don't know if you all remember but I was dead set against telling my children about Ted's diagnosis.....Thanks to all of you and the support of our SW at the clinic I made the decision to tell our girls and it was the best decision I have ever made!So thank you all for just being yourselvessmiling smiley
Sandy

PS DB unless you are a spelling teacher I wouldn't sweat it!smiling smiley
June 20, 2007 04:03PM
Ron,
I remember your alter ego. I think there were a lot of us who figured it was you all along. I didn't think I needed to ask why because it was pretty clear that your comments weren't accepted by some no matter what was said. No one is perfect. If we were perfect then we wouldn't need an on-line support group. If you are able to accept all my imperfections then I am sure able to accept you and all that you bring to the table. smileys with beer

Hugs Ron!

Pam
June 20, 2007 05:47PM
smoking smileygreen tea smileygreen tea smileyThe only problem I have with you Maggie is that I worry that the snakes grandchild will come back and bite you. Fear for your future leaves me to be less in love with you than others who do not step on snakes getting out of cars.
love
Dustyhot smileyhot smileygreen tea smiley
June 21, 2007 06:24AM
Hello Everyone
I know it's been a while since i've been here, but it has taken me a couple of months to getmy pc in any kind of working order.

I was reading some of the responses to this thread, and feel like a lot of others do.
We all have days when there just doesn't seem to be any hope left, and we have a bad way of expressing it. and those of us who have HD sometimes don't have a lot of control over what we say here. and all know what the symptoms are. especially "the ability to understand that we have even done something wrong" and when we do this and we don't know it, we will get upset if it is pointed out, and argue that we are right even if everyone here knows different.

i deal with this a lot in my life, especially since you all know how many family members of mine have this awful disease. Heck we are always at each other. and it is impossible to not get angry when everyone thinks they're right.

i have days that i just won't to rip someone a new face, when my meds are not working well that day. and sometimes even when they are.
as far as trusting people here, we don't have too. we can just be ourselves and not let those others get to us.

Those of us with HD are paranoid about too many things anyway. and this is just one more issue that i personally am not going to let bother me. " AT LEAST NOT TODAY "

Who knows what i will be like tomorrow?

Thanks for being here to everyone anyway.

Lorettatongue sticking out smiley yawning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login